Glock 17 Factory Rebuilt G17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by magsnubby, Nov 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. magsnubby

magsnubby NRA LIFE MEMBER

Just picked it up today. Took it home, field striped it, cleaned it and headed for the range.

After 200 rounds of hardball and 100 rounds of Silver Tips i love the thing. It just fits my hand great. I think it just replaced my 23 as my favorite Glock.

2. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

All the rebuilts I have seen were pretty nice.
    Enjoy!

3. Glk23

Glk23

If you don't mind, how much did you pay? Also do you know where it came from?

Thanks

4. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

I reciently bought a factory rebuilt G-17 and found out that it was made in June of 1990.(I knew it was old because the prefix was only two letters NV.) It is in very good condition and the slide finish is nearly like new. It came with the new Glock case and three 10 round mags(Fortunately, I already had two regular capacity 1st gen mags with brand new springs installed) I put 250 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever. I paid $400 for mine.

5. magsnubby

I'm not sure where it came from i just figured it was probably an LEO buy back. It's a second generation (no finger grooves) and the prefix is FD. It has what appears to be a coat of arms (with a 2 in the middle) with the letters NPv NTD after the serial number.

It was $471.98 OTD. A new one goes for around $700.00 OTD.

6. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

The "coat of arms" on your Glock means that it was tested in Austria with double powder loads and it passed without damaging the barrel.:cool: Damn, $700 bucks new? The Glocks where I live are $489 before tax brand new. And according to the TopGlock dating service, your Glock was made in March, 1989.

7. magsnubby

Thanks for the info. Is that something Glock stamnps on all the factory rebuilds?. It's stamped on the barrel, slide and frame. On my other Glocks (all were nib) it has Glock and a proof mark stamped on the barrel only.

Yup, $700.00 new. That's the advantage of living in Kali,we get to pay more for everything. Now if that dosen't make you jealous nothing will.

8. Glk23

Glk23

Just curious. A local gun shop close to me said he could get me a factory rebuilt G23 for around 320.00 to 350.00 OTD. He mentioned it would come from Ill. somewhere. I was looking pretty hard at this deal. I can get a new one for about 510.00 OTD. Will probably go ahead and look the rebuilt. It's a Glock. And a Glock is a Glock right. Plus it is a good way to furnish the Glock household from time to time.
    Thanks

9. magsnubby

The way i understand it is the guns are inspected and any part that doesn't meet factory specs is replaced and the slide is refinished. They come with a full factory warranty.

I'm going to get a factory rebuilt G19 and a 29.

10. Shakey

Shakey

My g17 and G19 are 2nd gen rebuilds and are at least as accurate as my new G26. I'd take a G17 or G19 2nd gen rebuild over any new 3rd gen Glock made today.

11. ffcracker

ffcracker

What dealers sell rebuilt Glocks? The dealer I go to never has any rebuild. Is it just the choice of the dealer if he wants to sell these or not? I know I wouldnt mind picking up deals like the one you guys are talking about.

12. magsnubby

Most of the dealers around here don't stock the factory rebuilds but the can usally order them.

13. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

Speaking as a dealer it can be hard to find the rebuilt ones at times. It seems that they release a bunch then it dries up for a while. In my are there is no demand for rebuilt since they cost about 70.00 less than the new ones. Actually there is no market for the Glock in my area since they is no carry options in Illinois.Old Police trade in 38 spc are the number one sellers. They are cheap and perfect to place in the night stand next to the bed.

14. Indebt

Indebt

So the NPv does symbolize a rebuild. I have it to on an 1989 G17 its on the frame,barrel and slide. I picked it up for $300 with an 95% finish.