close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Factory Night Sites from Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Nafterclifen, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen

Why can't anyone give me a straight answer?!?

I ordered a G23 w/factory night sites from a local gun shop. He's getting it from a distributor on Friday. I asked if the sites were Glock's own "brand" or if they used a third party, Trijicon or Meprolight. They didn't know. I spoke to another gun shop and he told me he had ordered a dozen Glocks with night sites for the Pennsylvania Game Commission and he sent them all back because they were not Meprolights, which the Game Commission wanted. After searching these forums, it seems there are a variety of different night sites coming from the factory and the only way to tell is by calling Glock and giving them the serial number. Now this kind of pisses me off because I just spent $550 on this gun and I don't want just any night sites, I want good ones. The only positive outlook I have right now is that since the gun is coming with the night sites from the factory, Glock should off offer their lifetime warranty, right?

2. boze2043

boze2043

I purchased my night sights from Glock after I bought the gun and had them installed at the Glock factory. I was told by the armorer installing them that they do use several differant night sight manufacturers and they have "Glock" stamped on the sights so it would be hard to say wich company actualy made them. He did say that regardles of the manufacturer the sights are warrented for 15 years from the date of purchase and this was also stated on my receipt. It's been 9 months since the install and I love them. Very bright and no problems or defects.

3. Luke77

Luke77 "Get Some!"

Mine were factory glock as well and have the glock stamped on the side also. I have had the gun for a few months and so far so good. I haven't heard anyone have any problems with the Glock night sights.

4. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Yes, they will. Easy...

Time was when one could, on an original order, specifically request Meps or Trijicons, but I understand that Glock is now only putting their brand on. They will support them. I had a set on a G17 once that were fine. I just don't personally care for their front attachment method, which precludes moving them to another gun, as it's "staked on." It's a method they use so they could just go to one sight given the narrow confines of the underside of the G36 slide.

Any questions about supporting them should go to 770-432-1202, and ask for Warranty Services.
    :)

5. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen

Thanks for all the replies. I only hope the Glock sites will meet my expectations and that the gun does not have any recall problems. I won't shoot it until any recalls are taken care of by Glock without any more money coming out of my pocket. Had I known about the vast majority of recalls, I might of looked at different guns. However, I could be lucky and get a good one...

6. Alchemy

Alchemy Senior Member

Good Lord Dude! You sound like "The Customer from Hell".
    I'm sure that you will find something wrong with it
    when it arrives. Everyone knows that NIB Glock's are
    rife with warranty issues! ;Q

7. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen

Customer from hell? Well no offense taken but let me say something...

If NIB guns are being sold with warranty issues, that's a major problem for me. You wouldn't want to buy a new car with a tire recall and drive it off the lot, would you? No, you'd want the problem to be fixed. I think you can see my point.

I only found this site and starting researching Glocks in detail after I had made the purchase. I'm a little uneasy right now but I'm sure you understand or have gone through it at least once.

8. gary newport

gary newport

The sights may be marked "Glock" but that won't tell the whole story. The tritium tubes (and possibly the whole sight) will have most likely been made by either Trijicon or Meprolight. If the sights have an "MH3" on the side or top, the tubes (at least) are made by Meprolight. (Sidebar: I have an uninstalled set of Ameriglo Operators--but the sights are plainly marked "Trijicon", indicating that the tubes, at least, are made by Trijicon, not Ameriglo.)

In any case, both Meprolight and Trijicon are well-regarded makers of night sights. Some folks prefer one or the other brand, but both are quality companies. The main knock on Glock factory night sights isn't the brand of tritium tubes but the mode of attachment used for the front sight--which is staked on. Aftermarket versions by Meprolight and Trijicon use a screw attachment for the front sight.

Both Meprolight and Trijicon warrant their tritium tubes to produce a useable glow for twelve years.

What, precisely, are you so concerned about? Both Meprolight and Trijicon are "good" night sights.

9. boze2043

boze2043

Like I stated in a previous post, no matter who the Glock factory nightsight are manufactured by, Glock will warrenty them for 15 years wich is longer than the company that actualy made the sights for Glock. I have a receipte for $68.90 from Glock wich was the cost of the sights installed by them that says in plain english that the sight are warrentied for 15 years from the date of purchase.

10. Otto von Glock

Otto von Glock

I talked to Glock on Monday and ordered a set of Glock Night Sights for my G30. The gentleman said that they were out of Glock sights at this time but could provide, I believe he said, either Meprolight or Trijicon, can't remember for sure. I said that my two other Glocks have factory installed Glock Night Sights, and that I would prefer them. He asked how would I install them? I told him I had both Glock tools. He said even the silver staking tool? I said yes, it just arrived.

Then, he said go ahead and FAX in your order ($57.50 + $10.00 shipping + Local tax). He was sure he could find a set of Glock sights for me. I believe he said 6.9 mm. He said use locktite for the front sight.

I really do like the Glock nights sights, but I have not used any other, so I cannot compare.

NOW, I have read bits and pieces on removal and installation of both sights. For those who have done their own installation, as helpful advice, are there things to do or to avoid in this process?

Thanks in advance.

11. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Edit: Oops, my bad, just re-read your post fully (shame on me ;J). The only tip I'd mention since you have the tools & seem to know your way around sights is just for goodness' sake don't get any Loctite in the front sight that might create any pressure that when crimping would crack the vial. I suspect some of the complaints about that front is driven by those who are somewhat overzealous in installing them.