Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my second glock on Dec 28th. Brought home a gen 4 19 MOS and when I broke it down there was this copper colored grease in the slide and frame. I cleaned it off the best I could and put on my own lube. Shot the next day and then was able to get the rest of it off. But the gunk was now all over my hands. What the heck are they using? That stuff is nasty smelling.

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
Oops now you’ve done it. Once you cleaned out the Glock pixie dust your Glock 19 will turn into an XD or worse a Shield

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Oops now you’ve done it. Once you cleaned out the Glock pixie dust your Glock 19 will turn into an XD or worse a Shield
:animlol:

Reactions: Paul53

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,937 Posts
Your lube is good.

The anti seize will disappear, just leave it alone.

If you have a few weeks to spare, there have been countless threads arguing about just using the copper colored stuff instead of real lubricant and so on and so on.

There's a special place in hell for anybody who starts that argument again.
:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Reactions: Piratejoe

·
MacGyver
8,270 Posts
Golden milk direct from the teat of the Glock Fairy Mother...otherwise known as "copper anti-seize paste".

Wow...someone pointed out that if these same questions didn't get asked repeatedly, then this forum wouldn't exist, and we couldn't prove how smart we are about guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts