close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Factory loads or re-loads

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Joe Mc, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Joe Mc

Joe Mc

What's the deal with ammo? I have been in two GSSF matches and use only factory ammo. Some guys I shoot with get discuraged about GSSF because they say some guys use lighter reloads even though they are not suppose too. Is re-loads illegal in GSSF?

2. casullman454

casullman454

You can but thay may not let you reshoot if you have a jam or other problem. yes thay do ask if it is reload or not if you have a problem:)

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Shooting reloads are and always have been legal in GSSF. The draw back is that if you have a malfunction and are shooting reloads you may not get a reshoot whereby if you are shooting factory you do get a reshoot. If reloads were such a great advantage I would have been a Master Class shooter years ago. Instead I am still an Amateur Class shooter. I suggest your buddies practice more, thats what makes winning scores not just by shooting reloads.
    ;)

To prove my point look at the thread near the top of this forum entitled "GSSF Hall of Fame" and scroll down and see how many times you see the name "Tony Clemens". He is one of the Best Master Class Shooters around and he shoots nothing but 9mm Winchester White Box. I think you will see my point. ;)

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Amen to Don's comment.I use reloads only to compensate for my lack of natural talent so I can practice more....Wally World white box ammo is popular and probably only $2.00 a hundred more than my reloads ...but if one is trying to shoot 20,000 rounds a year and save their pennies to attend lets say 8 matches a year...well it adds up...:supergrin:

5. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

If you try to ban reloads all you get is reloads snuck into the match in factory boxes.

No one wants to have to stoop so low as to have to inspect ammo!

GSSF's attitude is "Reloads void the warranty on your Glock. GSSF will not tell you NOT to use them, but you do so at your own risk. If they cause your gun to malfunction or worse, that is YOUR problem and not GSSFs problem."

That is historically why if you had a malf with a factory load you could get a reshoot, but not if the malf happened with a reload.

More recently, if you have a malf you get one reshoot, whether factory OR reload. If you have a 2nd malf, you take the gun AND the ammo off the line to the Armorer to get the problem sorted out and stop wasting the ROs and everyone elses time. AFTER the problem has been fixed, THEN you are given another reshoot as one final chance to shoot the stage "clean" without any malfs.

:)

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

IF they find and fix a problem with your GLOCK Then they can give you an authorization for a re-shoot.

7. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

I had a failure with a mag during the plates at INDY using reloads. The RO asked if I was using reloads instantly, I said yes. I knew there was no chance for a re-shoot. I had read the rules before going. Don't understand it, the round nose dived in the mag, never had this happen with several thousand rds of reloads thru my G22. Oh well, just my luck, a mag/load pukes when I shoot my first outdoor GSSF match. Happened on my 2nd plate rack, threw me off on the rest of them, worrying if it would happen again.

8. Carlitos

Carlitos

Dirty magazine, worn out mag spring, or both.

Mags have to come apart every time they hit the dirt or if you don't participate in shooting sports, then 1x per year.

You are not using Unique powder, are you?! It will jam any gun its so dirty.

9. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

It was my G22. I was using AA#5. I used it since without any issues.

10. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i've always found it way easier to sand bag with reloads than factory ammo.