close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

factory glock night sights . . .

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by shafferds, Jan 30, 2007.

1. shafferds

shafferds

i have decided to go with the GLOCK 19
    after much debate and research . . now i do want night sights installed but a friend i know has a brand new glock 19 with factory night sights installed for 599.99 and the new glock 19 with regular sights for 549.99 - I know thats a great deal but how are the factory night sights compared with other night sights out there?? Thanks

2. sphillips45

sphillips45 Senior Member

The factory night sights are stake on , and sights light Meprolight,Trijicon have a screw on front sight. Some people have had the factory stake on sights come lose on them ..

3. odgreen17

odgreen17

Ick on the factory night sights, had em didnt like em. You will get alot of opinions on which night sights are best. You have merps, trijis, tfo's, ag's ( sorry if I left someones out) and so on. It just depends on what you want and what you want to spend for them. I have the factory N/S on my Pro CDP and that works for me on it. I have the TFO's on my G17 and am getting XS sights for my XD/C when it gets out of layaway. A buddy of mine has the XS on his G23 and they pick up quickly on target. There not for comp but for carry they are nice. Good luck.

4. RayB

RayB Retired Member

The factory Meps on my G21 have held up fine, and are the brightest night sights I have--including Trijicon and XS.

I don't holster my G21, and I guess that's where some people have had the front (staked on) sight come loose. Anyway, not a problem here.

Judy's Trijicons (G19) are also excellent.

We've retired the XS' for now.

Next for me--AmeriGlo Operator Yellow/Green.

We've had no problem with the painted rings on the Trijicons--there's no need to use aggressive solvents on sights--but the Meps, XS', and AmeriGlo's, use plastic inserts for the white "0s" on their sights.

All of the above are plenty bright, but the Meps win in absolute brightness, possibly because the markers are larger.

--Ray