Factory black slide G48/G43x inbound?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by michael_b, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Yes!

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Sometimes

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Only to annoy Borg

38 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Agree there's a strategy to the releases - smart business.

2. TeaDub

TeaDub

Well, I'm going to go with @Bradd D on this topic. He nailed it. Had Glock introduced the 43 first, the 42 sales would dwarf what they have ended up to be. Likewise if Glock introduced them together. It was marketing genius to do an overly large 380 first (with the Glock pedigree) followed distantly by a one among many single stack 9mm (with the Glock pedigree). Both ended up selling like hotcakes.

3. John_AZ

John_AZ

If that company that’s supposed to be making flush 15 round magazines pans out and they’re reliable, I may really consider a 48

4. TeaDub

TeaDub

I'm actually feeling a little buyers remorse for my recently purchased 365 right now. It's early, so it may impress me yet? The first range trip was certainly a single vs a home run. A decent start but not a slam dunk. On paper (or screen), I wasn't really a fan of the silver Glocks. Likewise when I held them in person. Unimpressed.

An all black 48 might be just right. With 2 Glock 43s, I could still keep one for deep concealment. Swapping the slides would up capacity with a shorter slide when I want it. My homegrown 43X. Having the second 43 in standard form is still nice for range duty as well.

We'll see.

5. The Father

The Father

Godammit. Why didn’t I wait. Have this ugly silver slide G48. I feel like spray painting the damn thing black. Obviously I am silver colored prejudiced.
    Dammit...................feel like a pimp with a silver slide pistol

6. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

I’m not sure anyone who wanted a pocket 9mm Glock that handled the 42 didn’t pick one up and say “I’ll wait for the 9mm, it’s obviously coming.”

You are right, Glock knows marketing very well but I kind of look at it as the 42 was released first to test demand and identify unforeseen issues.
    Also, some of us were never interested in a pocket 9mm so the 42 was awesome. I won’t shoot a 9 that small due to arthritis issues.
    Lmao

HEXE9 and AdamRodgers like this.
  7. michael_b

Bigot. :p

I like mine. The color fill helped a LOT. I really didn’t anticipate the black slides coming until next spring, I thought for sure they’d wait a year. It’s almost like they’re trolling. Maybe they’ll stop making silver slides and they will be more collectible in the coming years.

HEXE9 and AdamRodgers like this.
  8. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers Kilt in Da Streetz since 1999

Keep that Pimp hand strong! :D

HEXE9 likes this.
  9. Operator_AF

Operator_AF

I’m on the fence about the P365. I shot it well when I tried it out but seems there are still some issues with it that are being slowly corrected. I’m not a huge Glock lover, but the 43/43X/48 do seem to have a pretty solid reliability reputation.

I’m glad they released the black version of these guns. The silver version is catchy, but it’s just a “nickel plated sissy pistol”; something a Glock was never supposed to be. Clever marketing to attract new buyers though.

I really like the way the 43X balances. I would like to shoot one. I’m just not sure the grip length makes sense. I’m sure it’s really shootable, and it hits the capacity mark a lot of people want, but the grip is just as long as a 19 grip. To me, that makes it hard to pick one over a 19 or the 23 I carry as is. Granted the 43X is a considerably lighter and still brings 11 rounds as a standard capacity.

A lot of people have questioned why o think Glock should have put a rail on these guns, citing width, defeating the purpose of them, etc. Look at the P365. It has a goofy proprietary rail, but it can accept a 100 lumen Sig light and I’m sure as the gun ages Streamlight will develop something in between a TLR6 and TLR7 for that type of gun, maybe in the 200-300 lumen range using a smaller lithium battery or proprietary rechargeable. I’d bet that Surefire would jump into that as well. Given the grip length of the 43X/48, imagine those guns with a ~250lumen slim weapon light that doesn’t add a ton of bulk and weight, basically the slimmer version of the TLR7 and XC1. Home run folks. I really think Glock should consider that. Especially since Sig is DEFINITELY planning on rolling out a duty size P365 based on the comments one of their execs made a while back. Folks have commented “Glock has the 17 for a duty gun”. Well, yea, but the 17 is still huge to a lot of smaller handed people that wear badges. I guarantee many many LEAs would take a 12-15+1 duty pistol that was ~1 inch thick and fit their smaller handed employees better.

While I’m glad Glock is releasing the black versions of these guns I’m going to be more excited when they finally decide to release a Gen2 43 with a thicker frame to create magazine compatibility between all their slim 9mm guns. This seems like a HUGE oversight for a company that has sold countless agencies on the magazine interchangeability of their 17/26, 22/27, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk mobile app

E.Bar likes this.
  10. nojamjimmy

nojamjimmy JimmyMac

“Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one.”
    ~Dirty Harry

11. Operator_AF

Operator_AF

....Slow clap....

12. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

Maybe not if the Black slide models sell better.

But even though I hate the silver slides, I'd like to see them offered as an option. Same thing with the forward slide serrations. They should be optional for those who like them and plain slides should be optional for those who do not.

Andrew Cammisa, RustyRyan and John_AZ like this.
  13. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Two part epoxy...3 minutes of your time...and Boom done!

No more forward serrations.

14. zaitcev

zaitcev

I never was interested in the G43 and I have 2 G42s. So maybe "some people", but not "the people".

michael_b likes this.
  15. gatorboy

gatorboy ( . Y . )

Very impatient customers. They didn't get me.

16. diamondd2

diamondd2

At this point I don't care for Glocks BS anymore. If they had released them in Black right up front I would have one. But since they waited so long I bought the 365. Now I am more interested in the 365xl then the 48. My regular 43 is up for sale and I am starting the transition to Sigs. Ill never get rid of my 42 and 17, but I think I'm done with buying Glock for a long time. At least until Glock decides to up their game and listen to the market.

17. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

[​IMG]

18. AdamRodgers

AdamRodgers Kilt in Da Streetz since 1999

I didn't realize how dang buthurt folks could get over a color and front serrations. :outtahere:

It is nice not to give a damn one way or the other. ;)

OdinIII, michael_b and HEXE9 like this.
  19. michael_b

Very true. Any internet forum seems to fall into the same experience. I always figured gun owners would be easier going and more open minded but it's like EVERY other forum on the net -

If it doesn't fit MY use case, it useless/stupid/unnecessary.

I don't get it, everybody has different taste/use case/hand size - there's no one 'size' fits all solution.

It seems like the biggest gun owner debates are -

1. Caliber
    2. Lubricant
    3. Front serrations
    4. Frame/slide color

20. zaitcev

zaitcev

5. Hammer/striker or 1911/Glock
    6. External manual safety is dumb

AdamRodgers likes this.