Factory black slide G48/G43x inbound?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by michael_b, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Yes!

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. Maybe

10 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. Sometimes

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Only to annoy Borg

38 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. Jbritt

Jbritt

Lol. I knew this would happen. Glock didn’t get me with the 42 but they got me with the 43x in silver. Now I will buy another one (just like their marketing department wanted). Oh well, good to have a backup of my carry pistol anyway.

boilergonzo likes this.
  2. seang23or32

seang23or32

Funny, I was telling my wife about the introduction of the black slide 43x/48. She immediately said it sounds like Glock has a very smart marketing department.

3. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Thanks for the info. I am guessing the votes for "Just to annoy Borg" (a humorous addition! :cheers:) fall mostly into the "no"/"ambivalent" categories. It looks like pretty much a tie with regards to front serration preferences.

Glock isn't stupid. They knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

It was widely noted and agreed upon on this forum that they would eventually provide black to boost their gun sales.

Many of us will still fall for it (I won't, I didn't buy a silver-slide, but I willingly fell for SIG's version of the same trick... buy a 365 and later buy another 365 with a manual safety scheme).

We are being manipulated. We grumble. But we can't help ourselves. We happily part with our money anyway!

Love it or hate it, shrewd marketing can boost sales! Glock marketing is in high gear lately, with tiny twists and tweaks that are pretty meaningless, but DO move people to reach for wallets...

Can't fault them for trying every trick they can to push their sales volume up, I guess!

4. Stuntman Mike

Stuntman Mike

Just posted in the 43x 48 thread before I saw this one. I am not keen on the two tone so I'll be picking up the black slide 43x when they come out. I could give or take the front serrations.

Intolerant likes this.
  5. Intolerant

Intolerant

Ohhhhhhhhh the thievery going on inside our wallets....lol. I fell for the SIGness as well, and now they have the P365XL out. So like you, i`m guilty as charged as well. Now i`m gonna have to buy a G48 to go with the rest of the gang. Already have the G43 & G43X. Might as well just do it.

I gotta call my doctor an see if there is an antidote available, i`m sick as hell, jeez i feel like a drug addict having to get my fix everytime a new gun comes out. Good God make it stop, i can`t take it anymore ;)

6. peepaw

peepaw Armed Ole Fart

If this is true I will be getting one. I had about decided to add a 43x or 48. The two tone part doesn't bother me but I would rather it be all black.
    I think I will hold off a few more weeks and see what happens.

Intolerant and AdamRodgers like this.
  7. Judgemax

Judgemax

I don’t know Borg but I’m willing annoy just about anyone to avoid front serrations.

BTW, my LGS said the 43x would be in their shop in a “couple months”. I love my 43 with Talon +2 extensions but the break in the grip creates a little wobble and the chance of a little pinch on mag insertion. Can’t wait for the black x

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    AdamRodgers and Intolerant like this.
  8. Intolerant

Intolerant

I wonder if there will be an up-charge for the black models.
    Now that they offer them in black, i bet the silver slide sales will plummet.

KikoMonster and AdamRodgers like this.
  9. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

At the LGS -
    me: I’ll take a G43X with Glock night sights.
    gun store guy: Silver or black slide?
    me: The less expensive.
    gun store guy: They are the same price.
    me: Surprise me.

I post this in jest, but seriously it would make no difference to me. I like them both.

NRGbasser, Intolerant, dj45 and 2 others like this.
  10. butcher_block

butcher_block

didnt have to have the 48 and with silver slide was an easy pass with summer blue label pricing and black slide im going to think about it. if black slide is not out before price deal ends i l likly still pul th etrigger on a silver slide

11. dj45

dj45

I don't mind the silver slide, I could take it or leave it. The slide on my G48 seems to be holding up well. From what I read it's exactly the same treatment as is on the G19x, only silver.

I'm ok with it. I definitely wouldn't buy another gun at this point, just to get an all black version. If it was coming off, or somehow otherwise deteriorating, I guess I might consider it, but that's not happening on my example.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  12. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

I got a flyer from Cabela’s today. They had a silver slide Sig 365 advertised.

zaitcev likes this.
  13. Hardy Wheeless

Hardy Wheeless

My LGS said he’s supposed to get some in next week...didn’t ask the price.

14. UNIT 6639

UNIT 6639

I want a 43x frame and mags to go with my 43 slide, I always wanted a Kahr sized single stack like the CW9 but made by Glock, after I bought my 3rd 43, days later the 43x was announced, I was all kinds of butt hurt! Oh well, I guess I’ll christmas present to me a 43x this year.

AdamRodgers and Mr Meeseeks like this.
  15. oregon9mm

oregon9mm

Great news. I’m down for 43x black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Now all we need is a 42X in black, please.

zaitcev, AdamRodgers and Deadduck357 like this.
  17. QNman

QNman Old timer

As soon as the black slide 43X arrives at my LGS, I'll buy one. I'm glad I waited. I know, it's just a tool, but I just didn't dig the silver, to the point I didn't "have" to have one. Now, I do.

18. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

" I am guessing the votes for "Just to annoy Borg" (a humorous addition! :cheers:) fall mostly into the "no"/"ambivalent" categories. It looks like pretty much a tie with regards to front serration preferences."

I think any answer other than yes, maybe, or sometimes is a definite NO. At least it is in my case.

Because the only thing worse than forward slide serrations on a Glock is a pimp-style silver slide or anything other than a NORMAL all-black gun.

boilergonzo likes this.
  19. Maxx702

Maxx702 Rottweilers making America great again!

A black 48 will be very hard to resist.
    Oh well.......

20. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I just wish they had made they had made an exact single stack version of a G19 with the accessory rail on the dust cover and everything, and have the dust cover be flush with the end of the slide.

But with no front magazine cut-out.

Stuntman Mike and Bomber Nav like this.