GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Brew Crew
28,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a good six month absence from the place or more for a couple reasons. Recently I jumped back in and thinned out the herd so to speak. Some things never change!

The kid whore'n pics haven't changed for some. Not sure if it's the home mother no job boredom or them trying to justify their lifestyle choice and spread it upon others.

Really makes me appreciate my freedom and more proof why I don't want kids.

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
NO NO NO I DO NOT F/B.....I did years ago and now I can't get that crap off my computer

·
Hilljack
2,578 Posts
I do Farcebook mostly for the gun related business's, events, travel and family. Other than that I could care less if someone is at a pool, shopping, taking a sheet or whatever. Oh, I have managed to piss off a bunch of my "friends" with my posts about the current regime and Failure In Chief.

·
M62/76
11,973 Posts
I had FB for a few years and it was ok. Kind-of liked being able to keep up with old acquaintances, college buddies, etc then got sick of it. Too many ads, political opinions, etc (kinda like a gun forum :D) and I deleted my page and have never looked back.

·
Garbage Day!
9,395 Posts
You don't want kids because bored housemoms post kid pictures on facebook?

·
Banned
1,726 Posts
I just got bored with it. Tell you what, though. I would be willing to bet that Face Book has put a lot of private investigators out of business.

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
The eBay Guy
20,323 Posts
I was on there for about 1-1/2 years, then realized it just wasn't for me... Deactivated my account roughly 4 years ago and haven't looked back.

·
Caffeinator
5,297 Posts
No kids or Facebook for me, but ironically, I have many "kids" (former students) who want me to get a Facebook account so they can stay in touch with me after graduation.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Never had it, never will. A few years ago an acquaintance searched his name on google images. Dozens of pictures came up from his old myspace page, which he deactivated years earlier.

Pictures weren't very flattering if seen by a prospective employer. I don't care where you put your security settings, you'll never convince me it's "secure".

You simply can't predict how that stuff could come back to haunt you.....

·
NRA Life Member
14,356 Posts
Never had it, never will. A few years ago an acquaintance searched his name on google images. Dozens of pictures came up from his old myspace page, which he deactivated years earlier.

Pictures weren't very flattering if seen by a prospective employer. I don't care where you put your security settings, you'll never convince me it's "secure".

You simply can't predict how that stuff could come back to haunt you.....
That's not limited to Facebook.

I was trying to figure out how to spell a coworkers name (very unique last name)and typed it into google. Her mugshot from a DUI arrest was the first result.

·
Registered
15,127 Posts
Love it, if your smart enough to use it right its great if your not so smart...well....yeah. Guess its just one of those things where you have to be bright enough on what to post, who to allow to see it. Some people just are not that bright..if your not id avoid its use.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
That's not limited to Facebook.

I was trying to figure out how to spell a coworkers name (very unique last name)and typed it into google. Her mugshot from a DUI arrest was the first result.
Yes, that's another good example.

Even things people text, or post in forums like this one, can come back to bite you. How many times have you seen high-profile news stories about people under investigation for various things. By the 2nd day of the news cycle, things they emailed, texted, tweeted, or otherwise posted to social media are public knowledge, and open to interpretation with no context.

It's a whole new world.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts