close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Facebook bans Gandhi quote re arms ban.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by paynter2, Dec 30, 2012.

1. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

"Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge Learn more."

Gandhi once wrote about the British stripping the Indian people of arms... Apparently Facebook has taken side in the arms issue.

I have never been a member of Facebook. Now I know I never will...

Facebook bans Gandhi quote as part of revisionist history purge

http://www.naturalnews.com/038484_Gandhi_quote_Facebook_censorship.html#ixzz2GZ17giMj

2. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Theres more to this story. I guarantee it. My facebook page is littered with Pro-2A stuff. I think I've got a picture of a couple of my guns on there. I'm a member of several pro-2A groups. I've never been bothered. Nor has anyone I personally know.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012

3. RYT 2BER

RYT 2BER

I agree. I have so much gun stuff on my FB page it's ridiculous.

4. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

This is the latest evil gun thing I have posted on my page. Nobody (Facebook) has said anything yet. It doesn't get more evil than Ralphie and his Red Ryder.

WP

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  5. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

This isn't the 1st Facebook censorship story, and won't be the last.

The difference is that the Natural News Facebook page has a large "friend" base, and can be expected to reach alot of people. The only backstory here is that Facebook Corp. can be expected to actively support the current liberal anti gun agenda -- and they apparently thought the pro gun Gandhi quote might actually sway some opinions (can't allow that!).

I have plenty of pro 2A stuff on my Facebook page as well, but I don't have a large enough friend base to warrant their censorship.

It is difficult for many people to wrap their head around a guy like Mike Adams.

• Many liberals who are interested in the health freedom part of his business likely will find it difficult to understand his hardcore pro 2A stance, and the fact that he owns Glocks and "assault rifles".
    • Many conservatives who respect his pro 2A stance will likely be totally lost trying to understand his passion for health freedom, and will be downright offended by the fact that he is unafraid to address some "conspiracy theory" topics.
    For those of us who identify with views like his -- we understand that he is a Libertarian.

6. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

This is what the fuss is about...[​IMG]

7. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

It has not happened to me.

8. garyjandfamily

garyjandfamily

Shows up fine on my Facebook page...

9. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

There is no conundrum, the linked article explains it all. Adams' FB account was suspended, given a "final warning", and he was forced to provide a color copy of "government issued ID" in order to reinstate the account.

His account is now back up.

Meanwhile, the facebookers who were calling for the murder of NRA members and the NRA president are having no such problems with their accounts.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  10. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I missed the part where people are required to use Facebook, or where Facebook didn't have the right to kick people off for any reason they choose.

11. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

Facebook is a major conduit of communication and this is just another example of control and monitering. Independant thought will not be tolerated.

12. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

I had no trouble posting the link to my FB page.

13. nursetim

nursetim

I went to B&N and looked it up in his autobiography. It was on Pg. 446 sure enough and not taken out of context. Liberals can't stand when people they idolize goes against their closely held opinions. Sucks to be them.

14. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Yeah, but now you are on a govt watchlist. :D

15. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

I don't see anything to back any of that up other than the "article".

I didn't see any link to an email FB sent them, a copy of any correspondence saying that is why he was shut down.

And other than a link to "Infowars":upeyes: no documentation of pro-gun sites being shut down.

16. mj9mm

mj9mm

privatetly run entities can be subject to discrimination laws just as government is. this time FB, maybe next time your cell phone provider, maybe your home owners insurance, maybe your employer. liberals and progressives run many buisinesses in this country, and what may have once been conservative leaning may now be liberal or leftist. the Bill of Rights holds sway over all in this land. if they overlook the first and second Amendments, chances are the rest aren't held anymore sacredly.

17. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

I posted it on mine. No problems yet. With all the pro-second amendment stuff I have on mine, along with pictures of my firearms, and my actively engaging in debates in various pages on there, I've never recieved as much as a warning from Facebook administrators. Maybe the guy just pissed someone off and some whiney asshat reported him?

18. The Maggy

The Maggy

My first and only thought as well.

The whole fax us a color copy of your id thing makes me think that someone got taken for a ride by scammers/ hackers.

19. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

What discrimination law would Facebook have violated by suspending this guy's account?

20. mj9mm

mj9mm

what do their rules say is not allowed, are their adlibbing censorship, they killed his account:dunno: