close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Face to face with evil... creepy stories

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Just_plinking, Feb 6, 2013.

1. w9trb

w9trb

When I was stationed in Izmir, Turkey, I met and started seeing a young Turkish girl. After several dates, she said her father had invited me to supper. Well, after being served a huge supper, the women cleared dishes and disappeared to the kitchen and he went to his easy chair and had me sit in the other easy chair next to him. He pulled out a large photo album. I thought, Oh no family pictures! But, it turned out he had been one of the young Turks when they kicked the Greeks out of Izmir. The photo book was full of step by step photos of Greeks being nailed to the wooden walls and skinned alive. I was sick before he got very far into the book. He was very proud of his service of freeing the town of the Greek civilians. The entire rest of the time I was in Izmir, I stayed creeped out. The relationship with the girl died a quick death shortly thereafter.

2. canesfan

canesfan

I can see how that might happen. :wow:

3. jcrow

jcrow

........might have been the intent.

I will post mine when I have more time.....it involves a barn in the middle of nowhere, two young kids with bb guns, and a pile of bones and hair.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

5. mustang6112

mustang6112 Watching

Off topic, but do you know about the Yuma "Batman"?
    Is he still patrolling? Wouldn't surprise me if he turned out to be some sort of serial rapist/killer...

6. mustang6112

mustang6112 Watching

I've been in that exact situation, except it was a .45 instead of a 870, and I was on the wrong end of it. Tha't what I get for being the sober guy who listened to a bunch of drunks.

7. Lnguyen9

Lnguyen9

I saw a pair of boobs when I was 15. They were so wonderful evil that I was hooked since.

8. Ay Dios Mio

Ay Dios Mio

After he was arrested for killing all those prostitutes, I saw an interview with Gary Ridgeway's wife. She was totally surprised that "I didn't know he was cheating on me". That was what she thought he was doing. Up till then she was all happily married, but he cheated on her. WTF?

:faint::faint:

9. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

When I was a teen I used to hang out with the older crowds.

Somehow, they found out about this place I'm about to describe, and we started going there like every other night until this happened.

We used to go there late at night (11pm, 12am, REALLY late at night) and we typically had a group of about 7 or 8 people that went along.

I can't remember the exact city, BUT maybe someone will read this post & know where I'm talking about that can identify it.

It was outside of Kent, OH - Maybe Ravenna or something.

Anyway:

There is this rest stop on the side of the road, not a building or anything - Just like a widened shoulder.

It had a trail that led in to the woods. So one night, we decided to take our stuff & go for a hike to explore.

We loaded up the drinks, flashlights, etc. and one of the older guys carried a pistol, just in case we came across animals or anything like that.

The trail went on for about 2 miles, curving, twisting, winding..

It finally opens up to a HUGE field - literally miles in each direction.

The field has probably a 70 degree incline that goes up about 100 feet.

Once you reach the top, it flattens out for about 300 feet.

After you climb that & walk across, there is another 70 degree incline that goes up about 100 feet and then flattens out, like the first does.

Then, when you travel across that 2nd flattened part, there is a 3rd & final incline - again, about 70 degree angle, and about 100 feet up.

So - we make it to the VERY top of these 3 hills, and at the top, there is a bridge with guard rails & everything, overlooking some kind of lake.

At the left side of the bridge, there is a government building that is protected by 20 foot fences, razor wire, etc. that hangs out over this lake on another side-bridge, I guess you could call it.

Obviously we weren't going to try & get in there, so we started walking down the bridge to the right (the left side ended after the building, so we could only go right)

We walked about 2 miles, and all of a sudden a police car pulls up alongside us.

He asked us what we were doing out there, how we found the place, checked our ID's and that was it.

I found it particularly strange, since I was a minor.. but he let us go on our way & told us to just be careful.

He drives off towards the way we had come from and we didn't think much else about it - YET.

After another 2 or 3 miles, we reached the end of the bridge.

It had collapsed years before in that section. Probably a good half-mile gap to the other side that was still standing.

There is absolutely NO WAY that car came from this way...

Man, I literally just got goosebumps just from recalling this as I type.. creepy..

So anyway - We climbed down the embankment & continued walking across the bottom, along the part that had collapsed.

When we reached the other side that was still standing, we climbed up that embankment & continued on our way.

All of a sudden, my flashlight came across something spray painted on the road in front of us, and we all stopped dead in our tracks.

It said:

"You can smell the tree that Kevin is hanging from"

Right when I read it aloud to everyone, this disgusting smell came over us.

It was the smell of death. (More goosebumps as I type... lol very weird stuff man.. I can remember it like it was yesterday..)

We all turned around & ran as fast as we could, down the embankment, across the bottom, up the other embankment, and the 3 or 4 miles it took to get back to the government building.

So we start making our way back down the fields/hills. As we approached the last hill, we all seen these red, glowing eyes.. Kind of like a dog or something.. but then they just disappeared in to thin air.

We all ran back through the trail as fast as we could. I don't think I've ever done that much consecutive running in my entire life.

We got back to the truck & hauled ass out of there.

I don't know WTF was going on in that area and I don't care to.

Some weird **** took place out there tho..

And to this day, I still have no explanation as to where that police car could have come from.

The building at the left side of the bridge was nowhere near big enough to park a car in, and the bridge just ends in both directions..

I'll see if I can find an overhead view of this place on Google Maps.

If so, I'll label everything & post back with it.

If anyone who lives in that area has been there & knows the place I'm talking about, please chime in so I can try to locate it on Google Maps.

Cuz I'm not finding anything & I don't remember how we got there, so I can't trace it from that road..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  10. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Actually, there are 5 of those books in Turkey. The fathers pass them around to keep servicemen away from their daughters. ;)

11. w9trb

w9trb

If he had known the truth of my activities with his daughter, you would not have read my story and I would have deservedly died young!

The Turk that guarded the entrance to our Cop Shop spoke very broken english, but seemed so old and wise and tough, that I often sat and drank tea with him. As I pieced together more and more of what he was telling me, I found out that he served under Ataturk and was stationed at a huge battle south of Istanbul and along the coast. Turns out, my high school education failed me miserably. The place of the battle was called Gallipoli and he was apparently telling me he had killed many a young punk like me.

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

We didn't study it in HS, but I did see the Mel Gibson movie. Good stuff.

13. OneBigDude

OneBigDude

Please find this on google maps. I went to college at Kent St and live down the road in Stow now. I would love to give this place a visit and update if the paint and smell are still there.

14. KommieforniaGlocker

KommieforniaGlocker

I had a fling with this guys sister and met him several times, some years back, right before this happened.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/mar/10/local/me-sarabia10

One thing the was off on how media portrayed was a ghetto thug.

His family were well off, and affluent, his sister went on to graduate prestigious expensive college all through grad school. I also don't buy DA's motive as he had access to better cars. I think he was just a psychopath. I also don't believe he acted alone I will fill in why later...Sleep time

15. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

lol small world! I grew up in Stow! :)

I tried finding it on G Maps but I couldn't find it.. sorry man..

I'll see if I can get in touch with any of the old friends who used to do the driving on FB tho, maybe they can point you in the right direction.

If you do find it, once you make it thru the trail there is an opening where you can go left, right, or straight.

I THINK you have to go right - but I'm not 100% certain.. It's been YEARS.

But yeah I'll see if I can get directions for ya! :)

PS... judging from your GT ID & your car...

Your name wouldn't happen to be Cody.. would it?

If so, I know you :) even smaller world!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  16. OneBigDude

OneBigDude

lol Nope not Cody

17. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Were you near the arsenal?

Was the trail off of 76 or 5?

18. costanza187

costanza187 I like Macs

Be sure to take a video camera with you if you do!

It would be really cool to see that stuff.

If you don't make it out, well it could be a movie once they find the footage.

19. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

I have no idea (I wasn't the one driving when we went)

I looked on G Maps and I think the road we took was Main street all the way thru Kent, into Ravenna (or at least on the outskirts of Ravenna)

There is a wide shoulder for pullovers/resting on the right side of the road, with an entrance to a trail right behind it.

That's about the best info I could give right now, sorry guys.

I DID however send a message to one of the people who did drive there, she said she cant remember exactly (this was like 10 years ago from now, lol) but she would ask the other people that used to go with us.

As soon as she replies I'll let everyone know how to get there.

20. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

lol, be sure to go at night with a flashlight and a video camera for the entire "creepiness" effect too :)

I'm 99% sure it's still out there, even tho it's been 10+ years.

I'm hoping they can at least point me in the right direction.. from there I would be able to pinpoint exactly where it is on the map for everyone.

I have not given up trying tho!