Face Masks?

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by M2 Carbine, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Sharkey

Sharkey

Yep and FL is testing more people than they ever have before. Something like 3X more than usual. Again, racerford made a good point. IF it is to protect others, you'll better start to wearing in your own home too.

No luck needed. I have tried to up my immune system, I try to be more cautious, and God will call me home on His schedule, not mine.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

redneck ron likes this.
  2. Colt M-4

Colt M-4 AK-74 Silver Member

W,T,F, wildly totally Feminine c53db96bbae67238.jpg

redneck ron and Paul53 like this.

3. Paul53

Paul53 MAKE HATE WRONG AGAIN!

4. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Alright, I know lots of hardcore POTUS fans. Definitely so among the anti-mask brigade.

FF394DBA-77BB-44BE-A94C-B15D24BAB366.jpeg

So explain this to me. Is Trump pandering to experts and being manipulated (weakness)? Is he not privy to the most cutting edge data we have (ignorance?)

Or is he doing the right thing and leading by example because he knows it will save thousands of lives. Perhaps he’s open minded enough to take in and utilize new science as it becomes available. Maybe he believes that masks will help prevent another shutdown. Being able to change ones mind is not a sign of weakness. On the contrary, it shows intellectual honesty and integrity. I’m damn proud to see him wear it. Wish a stronger stance on masking had taken place earlier, but better late than never.

As I’ve said before, you will all be wearing masks by the end of August unless you want to pull the Karen card. And if you really do have such impaired lung function that pulling air through cloth is a burden, is it such a good idea to be out in public to begin with? I read right here on GT that the weaklings, frail, and old should stay home.

Joshhtn, SevenSixtyTwo and tacit mesa like this.
  5. tacit mesa

tacit mesa

What weird sort of haiku is this?

Joshhtn, Mr Meeseeks and tihash like this.
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

A point I was going to make before. It's hilarious how the anti-maskers are whining about how dangerous masks are to some people. I think the virus is slightly more dangerous to those people than masks are.

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

tihash likes this.
  8. tacit mesa

tacit mesa

9. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

10. Dave514

Dave514

We understand that some people are citing our Perspective article (published on April 1 at NEJM.org)1 as support for discrediting widespread masking. In truth, the intent of our article was to push for more masking, not less. It is apparent that many people with SARS-CoV-2 infection are asymptomatic or presymptomatic yet highly contagious and that these people account for a substantial fraction of all transmissions.2,3 Universal masking helps to prevent such people from spreading virus-laden secretions, whether they recognize that they are infected or not.4
    We did state in the article that “wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection,” but as the rest of the paragraph makes clear, we intended this statement to apply to passing encounters in public spaces, not sustained interactions within closed environments. A growing body of research shows that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission is strongly correlated with the duration and intensity of contact: the risk of transmission among household members can be as high as 40%, whereas the risk of transmission from less intense and less sustained encounters is below 5%.5-7 This finding is also borne out by recent research associating mask wearing with less transmission of SARS-CoV-2, particularly in closed settings.8 We therefore strongly support the calls of public health agencies for all people to wear masks when circumstances compel them to be within 6 ft of others for sustained periods.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836

tacit mesa likes this.
  11. tacit mesa

tacit mesa

How often are you going to post the same 2-month old stuff? The science has changed.

Joshhtn and icantpick like this.
  12. racerford

racerford

So what they are saying, is that it is more important that you wear a mask at home than in public. Are you wearing yours at home all the time?

13. Dave514

Dave514

You've taken this absurdity to the point that even anti- mask people are cringing every time you bring it up.

Joshhtn and icantpick like this.
  14. racerford

racerford

It is not absurd, it is a fact, if you believe that is a fact that masks help. If you believe people should do it to protect other from a disease you probably don’t have (99.9% in my county). Either you believe or you don’t. Don’t do it halfway. So either stop coming here going on and on about masks or mask up at home. Don’t be a hypocrite, publicly stating you are for masks and privately eschewing them. Just be consistent. Or is it just too hard for you and your fellow advocates.

Sharkey likes this.
  15. Dave514

Dave514

Ok. I'll wear one at home.

Sharkey and icantpick like this.
  16. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

B C likes this.
  17. Sharkey

Sharkey

Well, not sure science has changed as much as the experts change their minds and can't agree and the media is short on reporting facts but not opinions.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

18. 9jeeps

9jeeps Avatars, no mas.

Is "sometimes" OK?

slym2none likes this.
  19. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

Oh geeze how convenient
    Coronavirus kills Ohio Army vet who refused to wear face mask
    The Ohio man was 37 years old
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-kills-ohio-army-vet-refused-wear-face-mask

"His death comes after his April 28 post where Rose said he refused to purchase a face mask amid the pandemic despite expert recommendations to do so.

“Let [me] make this clear,” Rose wrote. “I’m not buying a f—ing mask. I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype.”
    "