Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Banned
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But not really. A mask is required in public if someone does not maintain a social distance of approximately 6 ft. If you have a medical condition that is contrary to wearing a mask, you do not have to wear a mask. No description of who is charged with enforcement or penalty is mentioned. Is anyone else tired of laws being passes that are not stupid or not enforceable?

·
Banned
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also this EO lists the WHO as the source for this declaration. Is it common for states to reference WHO and not CDC?

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,740 Posts
If you're afraid of getting sick, stay home. But you can't tell me what to do.

Life is a risk. Freedom means you get to choose.

·
Native Mainiac
23,803 Posts
I made my first trip into town since March 30th. About 1/2 the people at the grocery and hardware stores were wearing masks, and some seem to have already added some fashion to them. I"m still not sure it that's a good or bad thing. I'm also wondering how long the mask deal will hang around when (if) the panic subsides.
I took a mask with me, but decided not to wear it when I went into the stores....but kinda' held my breath the whole time.

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,740 Posts
Do you think all laws should be repealed? Because every law in the books is telling someone what they can and can’t do. Most to protect one person from the reckless actions of another.
Depends whether the law is Constitutional or not. If you want to wear a mask or stay home, that's up to you. But you can't tell people they have to wear a mask, or they can't go to church, or they can't have a firearm. That's against the Bill Of Rights.

·
Banned
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you think all laws should be repealed? Because every law in the books is telling someone what they can and can’t do. Most to protect one person from the reckless actions of another.
You missed my point. The use of a mask is required only if you dont social distance. No agency has been given enforcement responsibility nor has any penalty been assigned. So this is really just a volunteer action. The same with social distancing it not a law in ct. It also doesnt go into affect until Monday at 8:00pm.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Starting tomorrow(April 19) Pa residents are going to have to do the same thing. I work for Penn Dot and we were given masks. If we are out working on the roads or have more than 2 people in a truck, we must wear them.I have been lucky so far and have been in my assigned dump truck that no one shares with me. But,I have now been amongst 15 new people that I wasn't around before, Sometimes,there is no way to distance each other.. I was a bit gassy at work,and that provided much social distancing that I needed...lol

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
I'm a healthy guy, 34, exercise, etc. I would hope to be asymptomatic which means I could be shedding virus whenever, I can't expect to know I don't have it. So I'll wear a mask at all times out in public so I don't make other people sick.

·
Millennium Number 1143
1,715 Posts
It’s interesting what hill people decide to die on lol

“Stay at home”
Ok
“Stop working Your business is not essential”
Ok
“You must wear clothes in public”
Ok

“You must wear a mask/face cover in public since you might have a deadly virus but not know”
NO WAY WHAT ABOUT MUH RIGHTS!!!

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Depends whether the law is Constitutional or not. If you want to wear a mask or stay home, that's up to you. But you can't tell people they have to wear a mask, or they can't go to church, or they can't have a firearm. That's against the Bill Of Rights.
Do you have a Constitutional right to infect other people with a potentially deadly disease during a pandemic?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
As of today, Maryland requires a face covering for anyone inside any retail establishment or when riding any form of public transportation.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I have worn a mask around every single human, other than my wife, since late Feb. Initially N95’s, but now I’ve gone to respirator with N100 cartridges as much as possible.

Unfortunately, the masks that actually protect you only filter incoming air, not outgoing. They should still be fine for respiratory droplets from sneezes and whatnot. I’d like to rig up a small cloth filter on the exhalation valve of one of the respirators, which will make breathing even more work.

If the virus is shedding into the air and suspending for 3 hours, I wonder if a cloth mask will do much of anything? For the wearer or those around them?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts