GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Garbage Day!
9,564 Posts
The ignorance of youth. Prisons are full of young men that make decisions as these guys did. Two of my kids practice Japan Karate-Do, they would be expelled for using their training like this.

I don't see anything worth celebrating here.
I saw it mentioned that this was actually the end of the fight, and someone mentioned that the guy was wiping blood from his nose just before he started swinging.

Maybe not “celebrating”, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with a couple of bully-jock dbags finding out the hard way that some people hit back. That’s literally the whole point of self-defense, or at least knowing how to fight. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
The bullies learned a valuable lesson. Read somewhere he is suing the curly haired kid now. Curly has a go fund me for a defense fund. Hope he kicks ass in court too.
I also noted the article had something about the Jones family having a lawyer. I wonder how much they think they can get from these guys? Maybe they plan to sue the bar? Maybe the company that was supposed to clean the bathrooms? Maybe OU for not teaching him to not get in fights in bar bathrooms? Or that pee covered floors are slippery?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I was sitting in a bar talking to my future ex wife. This guy stops near me and asked if I would hold his beer, I said sure. As I turned some other guy took a swing at the beer guy. The beer guy went under the swing and kicked that clown so hard in the nuts that I swear he went 2 feet into the air. Beer guy then turned to me took his beer and said thanks, I said anytime.

·
Mr. Awesome
10,621 Posts
I try to avoid places with pee soaked bathroom floors but hey, it is a college bar. There is always someone out there that can kick your ass.
Sometimes, the winner is determined more by luck than skill. It doesn’t appear that was the case this time, though.

·
Come on man!!
15,388 Posts
I saw it mentioned that this was actually the end of the fight, and someone mentioned that the guy was wiping blood from his nose just before he started swinging.

Maybe not “celebrating”, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with a couple of bully-jock dbags finding out the hard way that some people hit back. That’s literally the whole point of self-defense, or at least knowing how to fight. 🤷‍♂️
Good for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't really disagree that bullies can sometimes benefit from street justice.

But, that's definitely not the point of self-defense at least as it was ever taught to me. Self-defense is all about getting out of a dangerous situation as safely as possible; teaching a bully a lesson is not only beside the point, but could expose oneself to greater risk in the process.

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
The ignorance of youth. Prisons are full of young men that make decisions as these guys did. Two of my kids practice Japan Karate-Do, they would be expelled for using their training like this.

I don't see anything worth celebrating here.
for sure....... and I think that is the big difference today

Martial Arts, where you train hoping to never use it or as a sport ...... but many (but not all) of the MMA crowd who a genuinely looking for an excuse.

having said that the Football dude was in initiator, but the applied ass whooping was totally disproportional to the infraction.

don’t fight, don’t fight in bars, don’t fight with cauliflower’s

·
Come on man!!
15,388 Posts
for sure....... and I think that is the big difference today

Martial Arts, where you train hoping to never use it or as a sport ...... but many (but not all) of the MMA crowd who a genuinely looking for an excuse.

having said that the Football dude was in initiator, but the applied ass whooping was totally disproportional to the infraction.

don’t fight, don’t fight in bars, don’t fight with cauliflower’s
Good posting. Mirrors my thoughts exactly.

As a CCW'er I actively try to defuse conflict, not seek it out.

I blame the young men with the skills more than I blame the football players. Yes the football were instigating trouble but the other two should have walked away, knowing they had superior skills.

Now, because egos got involved, one young man has a fractured orbital and he is suing the other young man that did it. Let's not forget, there could be criminal charges involved as well.

People die in these kinds of encounters all the time. This was stupid and celebrating it is stupid as well.

Reactions: Deanster and Rotn1

·
Lost in transit
6,622 Posts
Some people just need an asskicking. But to go along with the above post, nothing good happens after midnight and a college party\club\bar is one of the three S to avoid if you don't want to be in a stupid situation. That could have escalated really quick with a weapon being introduce and all lives would have been changed.

Stupid Places
Stupid People
Stupid Things

·
Registered
13,568 Posts

Agree generally but, I imagine similar to firearms at some point self defense can cross over to unnecessary or excessive. Some one else can decide where that point is.

·
Garbage Day!
9,564 Posts

I blame the young men with the skills more than I blame the football players. Yes the football were instigating trouble but the other two should have walked away, knowing they had superior skills.

Now, because egos got involved, one young man has a fractured orbital and he is suing the other young man that did it. Let's not forget, there could be criminal charges involved as well.

People die in these kinds of encounters all the time. This was stupid and celebrating it is stupid as well.
Yeah, I know- "the art of fighting without fighting" and all that.

That's a great credo to live by, but did you see the part where the kid wiped blood off his face? Maybe by the time cameraman started filming, they were past the point of "just walking away" and instinctively realized that the only way out was to have to fight their way out... or just stand there and get their asses kicked. Not everyone in this type of situation has the luxury of ruminating on how stupid it is, or how quickly things could go wrong. Sometimes, there's go-away time, and there's go-time.

I don't know, I wasn't there (and neither was the rest of the forum) but going from the pushing, jostling and ****-talking the footballers were doing (and the blood) I'd give the benefit of the doubt to the little guys; and the fact that they're MMA-trained is beside the point. From what it looks like, the fight was brought to them.

And Rotn1 is right- how excessive it is can be determined by someone else.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Out of all the guys I trained with for years none of us that I can remember ever got in a fight outside the cage. None of us know exactly what happened but I do know for sure sometimes the only way you are going to get out of a bad situation is to fight your way out. At that point it needs to go from 0 to 100. No middle ground, end it. Looks to me that's what happened ;)

21 - 40 of 94 Posts