close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FA Selector cover plate for a Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by chevrofreak, Sep 28, 2003.

1. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

Is it possible for a civilian to purchase/register one of these?

In Montana you need a concealed weapons permit, and a letterhead from the sheriff to purchase a full-auto, and I already have the concealed weapons permit, and from what i hear, even though the sheriff is a democrat, he has signed off on a lot of purchases.

I was hoping that I could purchase one of these plates, instead of having to go the expensive route and buy a pre-86 Uzi or MP5 or something.

2. THOF

THOF Glockoholic

No as far as I know there are no full auto Glocks or conversions that are legal for civilians to own. Civilians can only own transferable pre-86 machine guns.

3. chevrofreak

Thats what I was afraid of :(

4. THOF

THOF Glockoholic

Yeah it stinks I realy think they should lift the 86 ban it would benefit both us and the Gov. We could by full auto at reasonable prices and they would get more money from tax stamps since more guns would be sold. I would love to own a full auto Glock or any machine gun fot that matter but just can't afford it [​IMG]

5. ProGlock

ProGlock He is The One

Yes, pretty much what THOF said. If they lifted the "new machine gun ban" of '86, the government would definitely get more cash coming in from the tax transfer stamps because more people would be buying them. I already own full-auto weaponry, but I guarantee you the chance to purchase a completely brand new one would definitely appeal to me.

Although I am confused on why you say your local sheriff has to submit "department letterhead". That does not sound correct. Yes the sheriff or someone else equivalent will have to sign off on a BATF form 4, but as far I know Montana has no state laws mandating such requirments. Last news I was aware of was the state law banning silencers and requiring pistol cal. mg's over .30 be registered with state. That was repealed on 4/23/99.

6. chevrofreak

I called it a letterhead because I wasnt sure exactly what he had to sign.

I was going to post the Montana code about purchasing a machinegun, but I cant seem to find it on the DOJ site.

7. Glock9mmFan

Glock9mmFan VoteLibertarian

Chevro,

I haven't heard anything like that. The CCW permits are relatively new to Montana and people have been getting class 3's long before that. AFAIK the only thing a CCW does in Montana other than being a CCW is allow you to bypass the NICS check.

I don't think there's any special local procedure here, but I could be wrong. Please let me know how things turn out for you.

Good luck.

8. Brooklyn South

Brooklyn South

It may just be his reference to the Chief LEO endorsement on the ATF Form.

Good shooting!
    :) :) :) :)

9. glockodile

glockodile Confederate Son

"I was hoping that I could purchase one of these plates, instead of having to go the expensive route and buy a pre-86 Uzi or MP5 or something."

The days of inexpensive MG's are long gone. If you want a deal there is a Vector UZI for 3400 on the subguns NFA sales board right now. It wont last long. You can still find MACs but hell even they are climbing up towards $2k. I own two MP5 and it would be a cold day in hell before I would pay over $10,000 for another. I just sold a LaFrance trigger pack AUG for four times what I paid for it in 93. A Colt Thompson is next for me with the proceeds of that sale. We have a 95% original 1931 Model A Ford and I want the Thompson to do a little 1930's dress up/role play up @ our local MG shoots. I think it will be fun. Kind of a GASS - Gangster Action Shooting Sports sorta thing instead of Cowboy Action Shooting Sports.