close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FA License Card question

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by PMMA97, Jun 12, 2004.

1. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Guys,

I bought this CZ75B at Ultra Systems during the gun ban and was released to me about 2 months ago it came with the Comelec paper and this Blue FED Application Form with signatures. Ultra Systems said that it would take about a month for the plastic FA License card to be issued but when I contacted them yesterday they said that I would be notified thru Postal Mail by the FED if the ID Card is for release!

Is there any shred of truth to this? :(

I am just about to loose my patience with Ultra Systems Mega Mall:(

Thanks to the group.:cool:

2. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

I too was assured by PB Dionisio staff that the card would follow soon, albeit in three months, after I picked up my Thunder 380 and papers, and I should call them up again after 3 months to find out if it was ready for pickup. After the three months, I called, and PB staff said it would take 1-2 more months --the election gun ban was to blame-- but no worries.

Okay, after another month and a half, I call, and their story now is that it's a matter between me and FED, that it always was and I just wasn't listening carefully to them. Wasn't I? It'd been so long a wait I couldn't be sure, but anyway: I was to await postal notification from FED, then verify with FED by phone, and then pick the card up.

I asked if they could at least, this once, inquire thru their contacts, and I got a long pause, and then was told to fax them my temporary papers. Where am I now?

Eight months waiting on the card at this point. I'll probably visit PB in person next week to request a folllow up again, but you know what?

Before the gun ban started,
    My wife had offered to buy me a 1911 (she wanted to get me a Colt NRM, but I wanted a less-expensive RIA) and maybe a shotgun this coming gun show. She also wanted another Thunder 380 for herself.

However with all the delays and sudden turns encountered and read about here and elsewhere, we've just about lost interest in buying any additional firearms.

horge

3. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

PMMA97 - Partly true. You'll be notified by FED once your card is to be released , normally at counter 4.You'll be required to show your Landbank payment receipt & notification . The sad part , it will probably take more than a month before you'll receive anything. ;Q

Horge - I heard that story before at PBD. When I bought my Walther P99 they told me I'll receive my plastic license card in no time at all (included in the payment).Until the time my paper license expired , not even a scent of that plastic card. Only the aroma of my P99's polymer kept my patience.Got mine after the first renewal , not at PBD.;P

4. julianz

julianz toxic master

As i was told by trust trade ortigas when i bought my taurus ,all metro manila purchase "the FA card can be picked up from the gunstores" , then again trust trade said it really depends on the gunstores . Since my address is out of manila - apparently my FA card will be mail to the pnp provincial command but since december no FA card yet, anyway the yellow copy of the license serves the same purpose.

5. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Yellow Copy!? Mine was a BLUE Application Form...;P

6. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

PMMA97,
    Blue? I didn't notice you mentioning it the first time around, sorry.
    You got the wrong copy, but no worries, I think.
    So long as it bears
    a notary's stamp/siggy
    the Chief Firearms Licensing Branch siggy and recommendation
    the Chief of FED's approval siggy
    I suspect it should serve.

-------------

Hermo Gut,
    Did you renew personally at FED, then?
    How'd you go about it?
    I'm assuming the yellow owner's copy of the application form (the 'temporary firearm license') is good for 2 years
    from date of approval, but I could be wrong.

-------------
    julianz,
    Maybe you can ask the gun shop to follow-up at FED.
    Not sure it'll do any good, but hey...

7. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

If I only I don't like guns, I would have given it up (owning them) a long time ago. Every time a new Chief comes around the FED always comes up with new "policies."

When I sold one of my pistols last December, the buyer immediately got it transferred in less than a week. Yes that's less than a week and even got his license card. Yes, that's the CARD. He paid his contact P 5,500 for a transfer including the license card. Langya, parang ATM card ng BPI.

As in all cases, money talks in the FED. My last purchased (since my requirements are expired) I paid P 6,000 to facilitate my license without showing any requirements only the photographs. Good luck guys with your cards.

8. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Holy Cow! Lucky dude!;W

You have an extremely cool wife right there, horge.^c

9. julianz

julianz toxic master

[My wife had offered to buy me a 1911 (she wanted to get me a Colt NRM, but I wanted a less-expensive RIA) and maybe a shotgun this coming gun show. She also wanted another Thunder 380 for herself.
    horge [/B][/QUOTE]

yah your wife is really cool, well my wife i bribe her with new stetoscope, an otoscope and a martin nieverra concert ticket just to allow me to buy another pistol.

and yes i did follow up and my wife also followed it up in our provincial pnp command no luck i have to go there myself(crame or provincial pnp command) when i get back from the desert.

10. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

I think it has all the neccesary signatures. Im currently here in Beijing and its my wife who keeps bugging me about the papers coz I left the unit with her as an addition to her pack of Rottweilers ;f

11. jasonub

jasonub

here is something weird. i received a letter from fed that my gun license card is ready for pick up. the problem is what gun? i only have 1 left. i sold the others last year.

what is wrong with this picture? should i get my card? they are asking me for the receipt but i already sold the other guns and my current gun license is current;g

12. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

A situation similar to Jasonub that I discovered early this year. I sold a pistol 4 years ago and when I visited FED early this year, the license is still in my name (in the FED's computers). Funny thing is the pistol was already transferred in full and the new owner has a license card for that pistol.;g

13. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Case 1: Bought and got my glock 30 TEN months ago and I still don't have my plastic license card. I've always been ribbing Jolly of Twin pines about it on what excuse she has for me this time. Last time I checked was this afternoon where she still promised me the usual "sorry sir, linalakad na, baka po next week" she is profuse with her apologies so I just let it go. Told her I won't be buying anything from them until they produce the card.

Case 2: Bought my slightly used STI last May 9. Had the license transferred to me with the aid of our Gun Club's contact in FED. Got the license and the card after 10 days. It was ready in 6 days but I refused to claim it at the FED and asked someone to bring it to me.

14. vega

vega

FED's computerized system is also f*@k-up. Probably the people behind the monitor. I sold my 1911 2 yrs ago and according to their system I haven't re-new my license yet. They don't have record of me selling the pistol. Good thing I got a copy of the yellow form from the new owner.

vega

15. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

Horge ,

Unfortunately after two long years of waiting my plastic license card did not show up.I had Magnificent renewed my license (P99) , just gave me the claim stub. After about two months I received a notice from FED, plastic license card ready for pick up.

Last year I had Twin Pines renewed my licenses. Three months after , my wife received all my cards from them (Twin Pines).

Jasonub & Valor1 ,

Same incident happened to me just last month , I got a notice from FED informing me of my plastic license cards ready for pick up. Surprised , I already got all my plastic license cards from Twin Pines six months earlier.;P

In fairness to FED , last Dec'03 my father and I went to FED to renew his license. We were glad because of the speedy processing at the express lane. Payment at Landbank was tedious but my father used his senior citizen card and payment was facilitated. After a month , my father went back and got his plastic license card. Good and orderly procedure. ^c

16. St. Croix

St. Croix Lock and Load

10 months?? This is strange doc. I got my plastic card from Twin/Casa 2 months after the piece was released last year.

17. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Question: If I live in the province, where should I get my FA license renewed when its about to expire? At the local PNP office? Should I join a local gun club that can take care of the paperwork?

18. glck17

glck17

mikey:

you can go to the FED Provincial Office. or you can PM me and i'll assist you.;)

19. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Strange indeed as i've dealt with them in the past and they always came through for me. 3 months ago, they came up with the excuse that someone claimed the card already. I even offered to pay them just to rush it as I was getting fed up. They wouldn't accept it and continued apologizing. I like that gun store(Twin Pines/Casa Armas) and I would do business with them in the future, I just don't want to leave unfinished business hanging so no big deal, I'll just wait. :)
    As for Nashe, I made a vow not to do business with them if I can help it, which is the reason why I decided against repairing my HK(what if something else breaks and I would have to go there again;g)

20. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

"I've always been ribbing Jolly of Twin pines about it on what excuse she has for me this time. Last time I checked was this afternoon where she still promised me the usual "sorry sir, linalakad na, baka po next week" she is profuse with her apologies so I just let it go."

Well, doctabako, you and I have been dealing with the same woman, Jolly of Casa Armas/Twin Pines.

Called her today to follow up on the plastic card for the G17 I got possession of last month. Their Liaison guy will followup, daw.

Hope my experience is like St.Croix's, who seemed to get his plastic card fast out of Casa Armas. Anyway, as long as it gets out within 90 days or so. I understand sometimes the paperwork/whatever gets lost and it never gets out. Never got the plastic card for my Tanfoglio 2 years ago),nor notice or anything.