Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anyone have their holsters?

i have a glock 36 and like what i have seen on their website, was just wondering how comfortable they are.

either the kydex or the leather styles.

EDIT: IWB holster

·
Registered
16,048 Posts
When I need a IWB holster for appendix carry, they are the first I go to.

I have several. Some complain of service when ordering on phone. They are from the East Coast :whistling: I never had a problem and own about 5 of them.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have three #1A's, for a G30, G19 and G26. I originally got them as a temporary 'grab and go' holster, or for days when I'm having to disarm for court houses and such. However, they've proven to be so comfortable and stable that they've become my primary leather.
Glock_fam.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use a FIST K-8 for appendix carry every day. Very comfortable with the ultra-thin kydex. I've tried many others but always come back to this holster. Bottom line: Works very well for me!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
IMO, FIST is the under-rated holster company out there. You get a high quality leather holster, hand-made, for much less money and infinitely less wait than other similar shops.

I have this OWB for a 92FS:

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/9.htm

...and this IWB for a G17:

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/20.htm

The FIST #20 IWB I would put as equal to any of the other VM2-clone makers out there, such as TT Gunleather, whom I also like and own holsters by and would recommend, but then you have to wait a half a year:

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/c1_p1.html

Mitch Rosen Express is another in the "good, quick, not expensive" camp.

·
Massive Member
25,502 Posts
Love mine. The ultra thin kydex is thin enough it is as comfortable as mexican carry must be, with the security of a real holster. It stays open to allow easy one hand reholstering, its very fast draw. There's some wear on the weapon, if you want to win a beauty contest the pistol won't look pretty forever.

But if practicality is more important than its pretty close to perfect.

I've had to replace it a few times over the years, but at $35, who cares? The thicker kydex may last longer, but is a bit less comfortable. So you have a choice of which way to go.

Randy

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I have several FIST KYDEX IWB holsters and would highly recommend them.
I have them for a Kahr P9, G19/23 and a HK usp compact.
They are well made, very comfortable and thin.
FIST is also a good company to deal with.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I've had to replace it a few times over the years, but at $35, who cares? The thicker kydex may last longer, but is a bit less comfortable.
I used a FIST ultra-thin kydex to CCW a CZ75 for a while. I also thought the thin material would crack eventually, but it was about the least intrusive way to IWB a full-size all-metal gun I've used so far.

This was maybe 5 years ago and perhaps the design has changed, but I found the muzzle opening did in fact collapse just a little bit when the weapon was drawn. For a CZ, where the gun's muzzle is much thinner than the back of the slide, that didn't matter, since even with a slight closing of the holster mouth, the narrow muzzle got through easily when reholstering. But I found it a hassle to reholster a Glock, where the slide is the same width in front and back. YMMV.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was hoping it was a good company.

i know what brand to go with now, thanks everyone.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I have both left and right handed FIST IWB holsters for my Glock 26.

Yep, it's a real good company and the products are first rate.

Deaf

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Love my ultra-thin kydex (IWB) for my G27.

I won't go into details about it's features here, but look on their website.

The holsters with the clips seem goofy to me, as the clips are centered on the fattest part of the weapon. My holster has offset belt loops, so the profile is kept thin.

the last thing a glock needs is a bulky holster!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
My K1 kydex for a CZ Rami is my favorite OWB among the dozens of makers I've tried for various handguns. I'd certainly buy the K1 again.

Their leather vertical shoulder rig is OK for range use, but the thin shoulder straps are uncomfortable and hard to adjust. It retains my fullsize CZ's well, but its slow and awkward to draw from. I wouldn't buy another one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts