close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

F.a.q.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Sentry, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Sentry

Sentry Senior Member

I think we are in need of a F.A.Q. for basic questions such as can I shoot lead, how long can I keep mags loaded, what are these marks on the underside of my slide etc. This would help prevent the same posts week after week and spark better new types of conversation.

2. Team Greenbaum

Team Greenbaum Millennium Member

3. Sentry

Sentry Senior Member

Yeah, that site is nice, but I'm thinking just like a sticky thread in General Glocking that has "Many typical Glock questions answered here, read first!" or the like. And post the ones we see the most in there.

4. igrp

igrp ut supra

Sentry,

to be frank, I think having a sticky thread to remind newbies where to find the FAQ is going overboard and somewhat redundant. Firstly, I believe that we do not need any more sticky threads (well, they do take up space ;)) - people rarely check the FAQs before posting, and this is especially true for newbies. Secondly, and more importantly, I believe a sticky thread is just not the way to advise people of the FAQs. In my opionion, it would be much more useful to inform people when they sign up (and we might already be doing that - I'm sorry I don't remeber what exactly the welcome message said). True, that way you won't reach the lurkers but then, those people cannot post anyways.

Thirdly, I believe that it's common courtesy (and this is compliant with the the general consensus, ie. the netiquette) to check what the rules and customs are before you participate in a new forum.

Well, just my 2 cents... :)

5. Sentry

Sentry Senior Member

Well, I wasn't hard off on what the way to do it was, I was just saying that we need something. It could easily be inserted into the signup information.

6. gunhobby

gunhobby

I agree on the Glock FAQ, Sentry. It wouldn't be hard to do, and
    there could be some good dicussion on what the top ten Q/A are. :)

There is already a FAQ (button up near the top of the page), but it just addresses forum features.

The easy way would be to add the top ten Glock questions/answers to the top of the existing FAQ. Folks would find it useful, IMO. The button is already there, just edit and add some text to that existing html page. Sounds easy. ;)
    I do think the list should be kept short.