F-16 sales video, 1976

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by G19Tony, Jan 18, 2020.

1. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

2. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Cool. My dad built the first simulator for them. I think it is still at the museum at Hill Field. He was a tall thin guy with real broad shoulders. He was amazed at how tight the fit was.

FullClip, PBCounty and G19Tony like this.

3. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

I'm going to get to that museum this summer, and play some golf at the base.

4. Dragline

Dragline

It can "sustain a nine G turn" Wow, what's that got to feel like?!?

5. jstrange

jstrange

You’d have to ask these guys:
    [​IMG]

Deanster and Redeemed like this.
  6. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

They are still selling the Hell out of thew newer Block 70/72s to foreign countries where they make a marvelous multi-role fighter. That or we License the production for them. Its really amazing this 45yo fighter is still in such demand, about 5,000 built and operated in at least 30 countries and still many can't get enough.

With their new avionics, advanced missiles, much sturdier airframe, highly dependable engines, low $ per flight hour, and most of all their excellent ground attack ability, they are blowing away Russian junk in many markets opening up like India, East Europe, South America, the middle east...ect They are the best bargain for a high performance fighter. Just a damn good design constantly made better. They are cutting into the SAAB and French markets thats for sure.

Even working WITH F-35s they are finding their niche cause the F-35 can quarterback 4'th strike aircraft into battle thru data links.

Of course the F35, if flown the way it should be, will kill a F16 before the F16 even knows its there but a whole lot of air forces either feel they dont need, of cant afford, stealth aircraft. Making the F-16 70/72 the best 30 m they ever spent. Capability per $ its the best bargain out there.

7. ricky

ricky Millennium Member

8. pgg00

pgg00

Anyone else notice the ending that it is used by Iran? :rofl:

9. Barry581

Barry581

Hill AFB was my first duty station, I arrived there in September 1977. I was a weapons loader on the F4D's for about 18 months, switched over to the F16's in March of 1979. We had a grand total of 7 aircraft, a mix of A and B models, with more arriving weekly. They we so much easier to work on that the F4. I continued to work on them until February 1981 where I retrained into air traffic control, staying at Hill after tech school.

A great aircraft no doubt.

G19Tony likes this.
  10. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

I never even saw an F-16 fly until I went to an airshow. The F-4 was the fighter at the bases I was at but I did teach myself a lot about the airplane, especially by talking to its pilots and mechanics. Its such a great airplane it has a large number of associations for pilots, mechanics...ect Its still a great airplane.

Once we take out an air defense network an enemy will be seeing a lot of them. And now they can do their work from 10,000' even tho they are a great Jabo, they won't have to dive bomb anymore. A thing they were remarkably good at.

And they are beautiful, I love looking at F-16s. They are very elegant.