Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
F0C56E73-7E95-4F44-9D02-75749517DB76.jpeg
An ANG Unit out of Charleston SC did a flyover this morning with a pair of F-16s in support of medical personal and first responders.
Their plan was to fly over hospitals and other medical and emergency services.
I took this photo as they flew over Waccamaw Hospital in my town. Employees were out cheering as the jet went by.

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
View attachment 747452 An ANG Unit of out Charleston SC did a flyover this morning with a pair of F-16s in support of medical personal and first responders.
I took this photo as they flew over Waccamaw Hospital in my town. Employees were out cheering as the jet went by.
I saw what I thought was an F16 take off from MYR a while ago. I don’t know exactly what it was because I only saw it for about 2 seconds. I was in my hotel room near the top floor, and saw it at about the same height as me as it passed by. It was loud, and it was freaking awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NRA Life Member
29,345 Posts
That's one way to use up some crude oil and make some space in some storage tanks.

;)

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
That's one way to use up some crude oil and make some space in some storage tanks.

;)
With the excess oil this year, my vote is for the Thunderbirds to convert this summer to the B-1 Bomber.

5 Ship, 20 afterburners in Thunderbird paint? Best conversion of kerosene into earth shattering thunder and light since the Saturn V ;)

·
NRA Life Member
29,345 Posts
Yeah, the Navy Blues would be hard pressed to match that.

:D

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
A Tribute To The Front Line Workers All Over The Country.
Couldn't Ask For Anything More.
Even If They Didn't Fly Over Your Town, The Thought Is There.
A Big Thanks From Me To All Of You!!

Reactions: willie_pete

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The main retail location I manage is located about 5 miles from the Naval base here in New Orleans.

I got spoiled with regular flybys of F18s, F16s, Sea Cobra helicopters and the occasional Osprey.

That's something I really miss since the Kung Flu started.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
View attachment 747452 An ANG Unit of out Charleston SC did a flyover this morning with a pair of F-16s in support of medical personal and first responders.
Nice but Chas doesn't have an ANG unit. Its out of Columbia now. ;)

·
The underscore is silent
5,233 Posts
I play golf near the joint reserve base in Ft Worth... every time I get a late morning or afternoon round it looks like we launched an attack on Weatherford (town just West of Ft Worth).

Loud, fast, impressive... I don’t know what they are flying but it’s cool.

Looking forward to the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds doing fly overs.

·
Horselover Fat
34,968 Posts
We get one on Friday!

The flyovers will feature formations of four
C-17 Globemaster IIIs, two KC-135 Stratotankers, and two KC-46 Pegasus aircraft from the 97th AMW. I believe these are based out of Altus Air Force Base In Altus, OK. I live nearer to Ft Sill so will be sure to get a video camera ready to capture it. At one time they housed and trained on the huge C5-A Galaxy, not sure now as it’s been a long time since I’ve paid any attention over there.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yeah, the Navy Blues would be hard pressed to match that.

:D
The RA-5C Vigilante was a noisy bird when running hard in low level flight but not as loud as the Bone. Much better looking and faster, though. You could cut yourself on the leading edges.

Angels and Birds flying in NYC about noon and Philly around 2.

Attachments

·
Ornery & Irreverent
11,159 Posts
The Navy F-18's like to fly over my town then put the nose up and hit the afterburners. Yes loud.
I think I would probably completely overdose, and then explode - right there on the sidewalk! :hearts: :hearts:

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Oh sure. But what of the Vietnam vet who was hospitalized up on the third floor with a bad case of PTSD who completely freaked out from the sound and percussion of the jets screaming by overhead then had a flashback and died from a massive heart attack?

'Take the good with the bad I suppose, 'Merica! :flag:

(LOL)

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saw what I thought was an F16 take off from MYR a while ago. I don’t know exactly what it was because I only saw it for about 2 seconds. I was in my hotel room near the top floor, and saw it at about the same height as me as it passed by. It was loud, and it was freaking awesome.

I think they came around again, because about an hour or two after the initial fly by I was inside and heard them heading back south.
I figured they were out over the ocean just beyond the beach which would be typical.
I wonder if they did a stop at MYR?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts