close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Extractor relief cut on bolt face?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by rich636, Jan 24, 2010.

1. rich636

rich636

I don't have another Glock to check against, but it looks like there's a machining mark or relief cut extending from under the extractor into the bolt face on my G26. Is this to trap powder residue so it can function if overly dirty, or just part of the machining process? Curious if a Glock guru knows.

Whoops, meant to post this general glocking

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  2. sigcalcatrant

sigcalcatrant

I'm not sure what you mean by, "bolt face". Are you talking about the breech face that the firing pin hole is in? If so, mine is perfectly flat. There is no machining to trap powder residue. Pictures?

3. rich636

rich636

Hi Sig, I should have said breech face...here is a picture. It is most visible with the extractor removed as I have done in this photo. It is a G26 purchased just a few weeks ago (new).
    [​IMG][/URL]

4. space_weazel

space_weazel

just looks like the impact from the extractor on the breach face.

5. rich636

rich636

Yeah, but the claw shouldn't be able to touch the rim face. It has to have a gap the width of the 9mm rim between it and the face. Also, I only have a 100rds through the pistol. It was definitely cut with a tool, just not sure if it was intentional or a byproduct of the machining process. I don't remember this being on the the G23 I used to own.

6. space_weazel

space_weazel

Well I took my G26 apart, and found a similar mark but it was not "into" the metal.

7. rich636

rich636

Thanks for checking Weazel, I guess it's just a machining mark or something.

8. voyager4520

voyager4520

My G23 has it, I've seen several other Glocks that have it and some that don't. Don't know much about it other than that.