Glock Talk banner

Extraction ejection Issues.

2005 Views 45 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Jammersix
I have a Kimber Pro II that has been giving me some problems.

Originally it would not feed or eject worth a darn. Ball ammo was the best and Semi-wadcutters were the worst.

I just installed a Wilson Combat extractor and a 22 lb recoil spring.

I took it out this morning for a test run.

The 230 Ball fed without issue, the Semi-wadcutters still no go.

Now that it will reliably feed the Ball I still have an ejection issue.

The brass ejects in every direction and not very far. Some goes right a foot or two, some goes left a foot, some even goes forward a foot or two, but most "still" ejects right into my face or bounces of the brim of my hat.

If the extractor was not the problem, what is the cause and how can I fix this?

Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
1,164 Posts
..and do what?

What do you do with a Dremel on your 1911's, show pictures if ya got em?
Okay.

This is the 1911 I built in Bob Rodger's class. It was my first 1911, that's why the flaws.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel

This is cranking away with a Dremel; one of several operations we performed with a Dremel:

Tool Knockout punch Machine tool Tool accessory Chuck

Moral of the story: only a fool starts changing things on a weapon he doesn't understand. That's speaking as a former fool. I started off exactly as you are now, trying to diagnose and repair a Kimber over the internet, and that led me through years of dismay to Bob Rodger's class.

Having built 1911s, then looking back at the Kimber, I sold it.

Diagnosing and repairing a 1911 over the internet does not work.

Having been "taught" over the internet, teaching gunsmithing over the internet does not work.

There is no shortcut here. You need to learn the 1911 or pay someone who knows the 1911.

It's a Kimber. Sell it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.