close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Extra Laptop Batteries

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Catbird, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I'm just curious how many of you have purchased extra (spare) batteries for your laptop computers to have on-hand 'just in case'.

I don't have one (yet) because I use mine primarily at home and have easy access to an AC outlet, but I may want to use it away from modern conveniences someday.

According to ebay, I can purchase a spare for $50-$75 plus ~$20 shipping.

I'm just not certain I really need one.

Recommendations?

2. lens

lens

I wouldn't recommend purchasing a second battery until you have a need for it. You may never need it.

3. Bluzman

Bluzman

The OEM one should last 12 to 18 months. You might start shopping for one then. Make sure you don't get a replacement thats been setting on the dealers shelf for 3 or 4 years. I use to work for the City of Tulsa and we ordered extra batteries for our ne Compaq laptops. The Compaq batteries didn't hold a charge and the extra Duracell we with each one wouldn't hold a charge.

4. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Since I spend a lot of time on planes, and since in coach you do not normally find suitable power outlets, I always carry an additional extended-life battery. Combined with the one I have in my laptop, they give me about 6 hours of work. Considering there are always breaks for food, occasional movie, and perhaps even an hour of sleep if I'm lucky, two batteries are more than enough to last me through the entire SFO-LHR flight.

So, if these are your needs, then sure, get one, and make it an extended-life one.

5. Viper_Audio

Viper_Audio

The only real need for a spare is if you fly alot.

Otherwise, don't bother.