Extended Slide Release Holstering?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by spacetransient, Oct 26, 2020.

1. spacetransient

spacetransient

Any problems noted using the standard molded Kydex or Polymer holsters with an OEM extended slide release? If so what works and what doesn't?

I am inclined toward the Alien Gear ShapeShifter- of course neither they nor any manufacturer other than custom will guarantee fitment with non-standard guns. Do you think the release will be an issue or just go ahead, order and try it out with the 30 day return guarantee? I have the G48

Thanks for your input.

2. Bluescot

Bluescot

I have an extended slide release on a G19 that causes no problems with the holster.

-JCN- likes this.

3. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

With Gen 5 G26, the OEM extended slide release does not work well with a Vedder Light Tuck. I see this as a positive to Vedder, their holsters are precise. I tried the OEM extended but went back to standard so I could use my Vedder.

Also, the Glock Sport Holster doesn’t work well with the OEM Gen 5 extended slide release.

4. 0.0-idontrun

0.0-idontrun

Which one are you referring to?
    -I have an extended Slide Lock. Looks like this:
    Gen-5-Glock-OEM-Slide-Lock_main-01.jpg
    (it locks the slide to the frame and must be used to remove the slide) and there is no problem with it catching on my Crossbreed kydex holster.

-The Slide Stop Lever is what holds the slide open after a round is fired and the magazine is empty.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  5. vmann

vmann Controller

Slide stop lever

6. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Heat is your friend.
    I love the Glock extended stop, makes manually locking the slide back a lot easier. All my glocks have them.

-JCN-, JeffG78 and Papa glock like this.
  7. alnicoG22

alnicoG22

Correct terminology can be useful: slide stop lever and slide lock.

8. MCCM

MCCM

I have extended slide lock levers and slide locks on all my Glocks. Never an issue with any of my kydex holsters. Not even on my 43X.

9. mmcbeat

mmcbeat

Everyone knows, or should know, what you are talking about when you mention “slide release”. It is a generally accepted term no matter what Glock chooses to call it. Most after market suppliers call it a slide release. ‘Nuff said.

10. Lola1

Lola1

Extended slide release-lock, whatever, came on my NIB 33 ( gen 3) Cheap and expensive kydex holsters have fit well. IWB and OWB. Ditto custom leather.

11. 0.0-idontrun

0.0-idontrun

The problem is that some folks (especially folks new to Glocks) use "slide release" to refer to the slide lock since in their mind, they activate it to 'release the slide from the lower portion of their gun'. I don't care if you want to call it a slide release instead of a slide stop lever. I just want to make sure we are talking about the same part. I hope we can agree that it is a good thing to be able to communicate correctly by defining terms.