Explosive New FBI Texts Detail Internal Furor Over Handling Of ‘Crossfire Hurricane’ Investigation

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Sep 24, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

" ‘Trump Was Right’: Explosive New FBI Texts Detail Internal Furor Over Handling Of ‘Crossfire Hurricane’ Investigation

Newly disclosed internal FBI notes and text messages detail the extent of the FBI's desire to take down Trump and his associates at any cost.

By Sean Davis and Mollie Hemingway
    SEPTEMBER 24, 2020

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents tasked by fired former Director James Comey to take down Donald Trump during and after the 2016 election were so concerned about the agency’s potentially illegal behavior that they purchased liability insurance to protect themselves less than two weeks before Trump was inaugurated president, previously hidden FBI text messages show. The explosive new communications and internal FBI notes were disclosed in federal court filings today from Sidney Powell, the attorney who heads Michael Flynn’s legal defense team.

“[W]e all went and purchased professional liability insurance,” one agent texted on Jan. 10, 2017, the same day CNN leaked details that then-President-elect Trump had been briefed by Comey about the bogus Christopher Steele dossier. That briefing of Trump was used as a pretext to legitimize the debunked dossier, which was funded by the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign and compiled by a foreign intelligence officer who was working for a sanctioned Russian oligarch.

“Holy crap,” an agent responded. “All the analysts too?”

“Yep,” the first agent said. “All the folks at the Agency as well.”

“[C]an I ask who are the most likely litigators?” an agent responded. “[A]s far as potentially suing y’all[?]”

“[H]aha, who knows….I think [t]he concern when we got it was that there was a big leak at DOJ and the NYT among others was going to do a piece,” the first agent said.

While the names of the agents responsible for the texts are redacted, the legal filing from Powell, quoting communications from the Department of Justice (DOJ), states that the latest document production included handwritten notes and texts from Peter Strzok, Andrew McCabe, Lisa Page, and FBI analysts who worked on the FBI’s investigation of Flynn.

Agents also said they were worried about how a new attorney general might view the actions taken against Trump during the investigation. Shortly after then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) was confirmed to be Trump’s new attorney general, congressional Democrats, media, and Obama holdovers within DOJ immediately moved to force Sessions to recuse himself from overseeing the department’s investigations against Trump.

“[T]he new AG might have some questions….then yada yada yada…we all get screwed,” one agent wrote.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/2...andling-of-crossfire-hurricane-investigation/ "

2. jeanderson

jeanderson Making America great again! Platinum Member

Zero attention from the leftist media on this, as usual.

3. thewitt

thewitt

Hopefully liability insurance won't keep them out of prison.

Hartford, CAcop, Sherlock913 and 5 others like this.
  4. OXMYX

OXMYX

How many posts have I read that folks are going to jail, get run out of town etc etc. Durham looks mean so hes gonna jail everyone.

How many posts have I posted saying no one is going to jail except Republicans, and that was done within months.

Swamp
    180201-christopher-wray-2017-ac-1032p_2a3131aeb8b98da29b7cbf88943fac95.fit-760w.jpg sessions_russia_senate_ap_img.jpg 1200px-John_H._Durham.jpg

bruscifer and mj9mm like this.
  5. B C

B C

Just saw this on CNN

Just kidding. They're part of the cover. Remember that when it's time.

6. OXMYX

OXMYX

Not going to jail. A book deal, professor at Harvard, consultant, board members etc

swampthangs.jpg

7. OXMYX

OXMYX

"Trump, You thought you could beat the swamp, surrounded by our swamp people, LOL"

barack-obama-and-joe-biden.jpg

8. Intolerant

Intolerant

Look carefully at Peter Strzok face, i swear i see horns emerging just above his eyes up into his hairline.

They ALL look pretty pissed off too.

9. OXMYX

OXMYX

10. mj9mm

mj9mm

what a bunch of poop... there is enough evidence to convict St Paul... but Republicans don't have the guts to turn on the lights... they sure sound like Heavy Weights at election time... useless...

OXMYX and thewitt like this.
  11. Burebista

Burebista "Democrats are garbage people"

Anyone willing to bet the FBI agents who sent those text messages are now witnesses for the Durham prosecution team?

happyguy, CAcop, Intolerant and 5 others like this.
  12. Burebista

Ron Johnson and his Senate committee finished their investigation into the Bidens a while ago. They were told to hold the report until releasing it would not compromise any ongoing federal investigations by making evidence in those cases public too early.
    Now Durham will start handing out indictments. Not only for the Crossfire Hurricane illegal investigation, but also for the FISA abuse, the rigged Mueller investigation and wait for it....
    ...wait for it...
    ....the Clinton Foundation scandal.
    Yep, you read that right. Durham took over parts of the Huber investigation on that too, and nobody outside of his team knew about it. No leaks whatsoever to the media to spin.
    And that is a very good sign.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/du...-john-hubers-clinton-foundation-review-source
    It was all planned to drop together right before the elections for maximum effect.
    Timing is everything my friend. Trump is the supreme grand master of payback.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  13. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I bet you are right.

14. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

The Democrats richly deserve it.

15. Burebista

The noose is tightening around their necks and they know Barr has his finger on the floor trapdoor button.
    These riots and violent street anarchy is just the Democrats and the Deep State making a desperate last attempt to overthrow Trump and escape their inevitable judgement day.

16. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

I think it comes down to Durham and Barr understanding that indictments after the election risk a Biden win and the sudden death of their prosecutions.

Intolerant and Officer's Match like this.
  17. Burebista

Not going to happen.
    First, Trump will win.
    Second, indictments will be handed before election day.

One more thing:

“You think you are mad about the phones being wiped? Stay tuned. We’ll talk in about 10 or 12 days and we’ll see if there is something else you can get mad about.”
    --Lindsey Graham talking to Hannity the other day.

The guy knows where the wind blows. He may have been a fried of John McCain but after his death and in particular after the Kavanaugh's Stalinist show trial, he realized siding with the Deep State is a losing proposition in the Trump age. Lindsey may be a slippery SOB and I don't trust him, but I trust he's got good survival instincts.

18. cbetts1

cbetts1

So how many layers are corrupt at the FBI? It obviously goes deeper than leadership/upper management.