Explain this pistol purchase program to me

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by wally05, Feb 22, 2010.

1. wally05

wally05

Okay, so I'm in Indiana and I was looking at the pistol purchase program... there are no GSSF dealers in Indiana, so I have to use a distributor.

It says I have to send in the "certificate" (I noticed this was changing too), $15 shipping fee and dealer FFL AND pay a transfer fee to do it.

I also saw that this is being updated and Glock is expanding their dealer network to eliminate this.

So, where do I call to see if a dealer is on a list? I really don't want to have to call every glock stocking dealer to locate a GSSF dealer.

2. deathpriest

deathpriest

Explained here:
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1185545

GSSF Pistol Purchase Program
    Member Responsibilities
    1. Member contacts GLOCK for local dealer information, then calls the dealer to be sure they are
    participating in the program and that the dealer has the model they want to purchase in stock.
    2. Member takes (current) membership card to dealer along with any other required documents. If
    you have lost your card, you must contact GSSF to receive a replacement card. New members
    will need to wait to receive new member packet with membership card.
    3. Member is responsible for any taxes or fees as is required by the local, state, and federal laws.
    4. Must meet all local, state and federal laws to purchase a pistol.
    5. You may only purchase 1 GLOCK per year.

I copied from the link above. No certificate required

Glock Contact infor from their site
    GLOCK, Inc.
    6000 Highlands Parkway
    Smyrna, GA 30082
    U.S.A.
    Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202
    Fax: +1 770 - 433 8719

Blessings

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010

3. wally05

wally05

Gotcha! I must have scanned over the other thread. I thought I saw one talking about it earlier. I did just call GSSF and the lady said that the dealers should be able to order now with a card. I'll be emailing my app. :)

4. wally05

wally05

It looks like there are quite a few in Indiana now. :) yay