Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a BB gun along with a lot of extras and three tins of BBs. The gun and extras were shipped from the mid west to a FedEx facility in Salt Lake where they sat for a few days. They were supposed to be delivered today.

The BBs were shipped from a different warehouse, arrived in Salt Lake last night and delivered today.

Last night the delivery on the gun was changed from today to next Wednesday and it is on a truck in Reno Nevada.

Why?

·
Registered
17,442 Posts
I bought a BB gun along with a lot of extras and three tins of BBs. The gun and extras were shipped from the mid west to a FedEx facility in Salt Lake where they sat for a few days. They were supposed to be delivered today.

The BBs were shipped from a different warehouse, arrived in Salt Lake last night and delivered today.

Last night the delivery on the gun was changed from today to next Wednesday and it is on a truck in Reno Nevada.

Why?
Lost in Space...

·
Registered
672 Posts

Why?
although i cannot recall where i read it from, but some shipping companies are prioritizing deliveries based on needed items, like meds, food, etc. you know, "essential things". the FedEx terminal can be over-whelmed with deliveries, i have had this happen to me several times now, during this covid thing.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
We have had three wrong deliveries in three weeks from FedEx. The customer service lady said our FedEx office is one of the top three worst in the nation. The Salt Lake facility must be in the top three running also! I know they are busy, and the Covid stuff figures in; but if it says 50 XXX why would you keep throwing it on 44's porch?

·
Registered
21,965 Posts

Why?
Umm, ask them not us.

For the record I have never had a problem with Fedex delivery.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I have had a few FedEx deliveries coming from Texas to Colorado, but they get routed thru E Tennessee or Missouri, which makes no sense at all.

But FedEx Smartpost is the goofiest delivery service of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,965 Posts
I have had a few FedEx deliveries coming from Texas to Colorado, but they get routed thru E Tennessee or Missouri, which makes no sense at all.

But FedEx Smartpost is the goofiest delivery service of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Used to be everything was routed through their Memphis hub because they learned it was the most efficient way. Don't know if that is still the case.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,928 Posts
although i cannot recall where i read it from, but some shipping companies are prioritizing deliveries based on needed items, like meds, food, etc. you know, "essential things". the FedEx terminal can be over-whelmed with deliveries, i have had this happen to me several times now, during this covid thing.
I believe you are correct...I ordered my wife's fav Easter treat (solid Choco bunny) 10 days before Easter...got a notice from Amazon,it was delayed because it was not essential.... took 3 weeks to arrive...darn them

·
Registered
672 Posts
I believe you are correct...I ordered my wife's fav Easter treat (solid Choco bunny) 10 days before Easter...got a notice from Amazon,it was delayed because it was not essential.... took 3 weeks to arrive...darn them
i do believe it was indeed Amazon where i read that from. it was in a block at the top of the page.

·
NRA Life Member
66,497 Posts
I ordered a knife last week and it arrived at the USPS distribution center 25 miles away on the 20th and hasn't moved since.

·
Registered
672 Posts
now that i recall, i had a few items from The Glock Store, that came by US Mail...delayed several times as well. the tracking showed what day it was to be here. then before that day, a new date was given, and it was already at he main post office, waiting to be shipped to my local branch.

so it's all shipping agencies, that are holding back our stuff.

question(s) arise, is how do they know exactly what we have ordered. i mean, it's not stamped on the box or envelope, "gun enclosed", or "ammo enclosed", or "set of sights enclosed".

we could be ordering toilet paper for The Glock Store's survival dept.

or we could be ordering MRE's from some ammo company.

aren't toilet paper and MRE's essential ??

what are they doing, x-raying our packages?

they should Mind thier own business and ship our items to us.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just don’t get why part 1 of an order gets to the facility and just sits. Then part 2 gets there and goes directly on a truck for delivery. Then part 1 goes on a different truck on a road trip to Nevada for a week.

Why not just put it on the same truck and bring it to me along with part 2.

Covid is not an excuse here because they have been sitting on part one for days.

·
Registered
387 Posts
No clue why it is happening, but they have done the same thing to me. Notifications said they attempted delivery last Wed., and they would try again Thur. New notification said it would be delivered Fri., then the latest notification said it will be delivered next Wed. It seems more than a little ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts