close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Experiencing something new

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by 9jeeps, Dec 25, 2005.

1. 9jeeps

9jeeps

:(

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  2. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Like when you right click with your mouse? If that is what you are talking about, it must be you. Mine is still in english. Check your machine's language settings. Does it do it on other programs?

3. 9jeeps

9jeeps

When I move my mouse pointer over a word a little yellow drop down window comes up and gives the spanish translation. At first is was just on GT. Now it's other places.

4. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Sounds like you have a program downloaded on your computer. Possibly spyware type stuff.

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Try right clicking on a word and from the drop down window select "Encoding" (Should be 10th highlighten item) and then select "Western European" (should be the 3rd highlighted item). That should clear it up. Under the "Encoding" window you will have several language choices. Let us know if this helps.

6. 9jeeps

9jeeps

I went in to my computer deep and got rid of some stuff and isolated a virus that opened a window that called itself "window installer"

It was everywhere. So I began eliminating programs and files where I would find it. Along with the help from several virus containers like AVG, AdAWARE, SPYBOT, and a few others.

I only use my puter for I-net and story writing, e-mail. I think the virus I picked up off the 1911 Forum last Tuesday.

The results of about 20 hours work is that I've eliminated those little drop down tabs from the pointer on all my favorite forums.

You know, the little windows the let you read what's in the thread and when you get half way thru em they disappear? So you have to click on the thread anyway? Daggone nuisances!!!!

That aggravation is GONE. (after about three years)...
    That little pointer Spanish translation window has gone too.

My wifey who is a pretty savvy computer tech is having a hissy fit as she thinks the whole unit will self destruct any minute. To which I reply. GOOD!!!! I didn't like it the way it was anyway!!!!

So there ya go! All is well, thus far, and I THANK YOU ALL for your input. And am saving this thread so I can refer to it should those stupid little agravations pop up again!!!!