Expensive day today

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gixxerjoe04, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

damn that’s rough, I think the doctor said this was like a fraction of a mm. Said for some reason smaller ones hurt worse than big ones but don’t know. All I know is it hurt like getting kicked in the nuts 100 times but on my side.

2. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

I drink unsweetened iced tea all the time. I'm in my mid 50s and never had kidney stones. Might be genetic. Of course, I also drink a lot of water, too.

3. AdobeGlock

AdobeGlock

I hope you find whoever put that thing in there. Still looking for whoever did that to me years ago.

4. plp

plp

I had one when I was in my early 20's, doc recommended dropping one or two things from my diet, and see if they kept occurring or went away.

At the time, my wife kept a pitcher of sweet tea in the fridge 24/7, and at least one case of Mr.Pibb. I had been drinking both for about a year, a LOT more than I ever had, so I dropped both soft drinks and tea from my diet. From that day to this, have never had another kidney stone.

I do have them both once in a while, love me an ice cold Dr.Pepper with a splash of lime. However, that is like 2 or 3 times a year. Anything with tannin is also a migraine trigger for me, so no red wine or tea, although I love and lust for both. We always want what we can't have.

catman71 and Intolerant like this.
  5. plp

plp

It seems to be different for everyone. A friend and I were BSing one day, and the subject of kidney stones came up. He drinks a lot of sweet tea, always has, grew up on it. His thing is milk, when he dropped it from his diet hasn't had a stone since. Another friend's thing was coffee, hasn't had a cup in 10 years while I drink 2 pots a day, conservative estimate.

The one thing we all agree on is, whatever we have to give up to never have another kidney stone is totally worth it.

Intolerant likes this.
  6. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

PIBB! Greatest soft drink EVER!