close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Expendables 2 review

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fnfalman, Aug 17, 2012.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Just came back from the midnight showing and I gotta say that I love and hate it.

I love the over-the-top action. So much explosion, blood, gore, guns, knives, fights that I nearly fainted from being overwhelmed by the good stuff. Hell, there was even a scene with a dude running around with an FAL of some sort (either G1 or STG-58, couldn't tell because he was in the shadow).

I hate the really cheesy one-liners. I know that they're trying to poke fun at themselves but it was too much. I know that you don't go to this movie for plot and dialogue, but the first one was a lot better. This one was pretty much a killing fest.

2. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I'm still waiting for that kid off No Retreat No Surrender and Segal to make a movie where they beat up on Van Damme for like 2 hours.

3. okie

okie GT Mayor

I'm going to have to make a road trip to see it, as it is showing at the crappy theater here in Muskogee:upeyes:

4. jason10mm

jason10mm NRA-GOA-TSRA

My boy is old enough to hear in the womb. He has already been to a heavy metal concert and now he will be at an action movie extravaganza. Gotta start raising them up right at an early age :p

My expectations are pretty low as I think this flick is a colossal clash of egos, but damned if it isn't fun to see all of these guys on the same screen.

Imagine the same concept 20 years from now. Who would be in it? Statham probably, with Vin Desiel, the Rock, and who else? Matt Damon? Channing Tatum? Just won't be the same (though I suppose there are a bunch of 60 year olds saying the same thing and wishing for a super flick with John Wayne, Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood, etc).