Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well continuing with the execution threads....

Does it pay well, benefits, 401k or pension...

On the job training or can you practice with realistic mannequins or cadavers?

·
Registered
11,997 Posts
Couldn’t do it. I some who could though....

·
Mr. Awesome
11,252 Posts
Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Registered
43,603 Posts
Head chopper- nah
Electric Chair lever- mmm, maybe
Lethal Injection- Sure

The problem is in that innocent people have been executed. So until they perfect that part, I'll have to pass.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Id do it if the pay and benefits were right. Buried many of people from 14-20 when i worked at a cemetery. Executing someone in a humane manner who has been sentenced would be far less of an emotional strain than placing infant and toddler caskets into a hole by hand and covering it up. After all someones gotta do it.

Im not blood thirsty or anything, but im pretty dead inside according to my wife.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,473 Posts
No much work in the U.S. , probably have to go overseas to get alot of business

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Bet you don't have much street crime in the Kingdom.

You don't have freedom as we know it either.

·
Scottish Member
12,202 Posts
I'm pro death penalty but if I'm honest, I wouldn't want that on my conscience to be the executioner.
I don't know, maybe some folks I'd feel bad about - but others definitely not .....

I think I could throw the switch, press the syringe, pull the trigger, yank the trap door lever or drop the pellets on Alley, McDuff, Thomas, Cobbins, Davidson, Coleman, and Boyd. Have a glass of 18 year old Elijah Craig to celebrate, and sleep soundly without any problem.

I'm sure there are a bunch of others, but these three (3) cases were the first ones to come to mind.

(This one hits fairly close to home for me. My father was stationed at Millington NAS at one time. Later, we would have folks stationed at Millington come to Thanksgiving dinner that didn't get leave to go home. I used to fly out of the base. And this brutal murder occurred just a couple of miles from where a couple of my friends live.)​
1623381631835.png
On the evening of July 11, 1985, Suzanne Marie Collins was abducted while jogging on the base, and was taken to nearby Edmund Orgill Park. There, the kidnapper severely beat Collins, fracturing her skull, before repeatedly shoving a tree limb up her ****** with enough force to penetrate her abdomen and tear one of her lungs. The autopsy would state that Collins died from blunt force trauma to the head and internal hemorrhaging from the tree limb.​
When word got to the base of the murder, (Sedley) Alley was immediately arrested by military police. He voluntarily gave a statement to the police, admitting to having killed Collins but gave a substantially false account of the circumstances of the killing. He claimed that his wife Lynne went to a Tupperware party, which had angered him. He drank two six-packs of beer and a bottle of wine. He told authorities that he had gone out for more liquor when his car accidentally hit Collins as she jogged near the air base. He also claimed he accidentally killed the young woman when she fell on a screwdriver he was holding as he was trying to help her.​
==========​
Edna Sullivan, 16 years old. She was kidnapped, repeatedly raped by McDuff and Green, and strangled with a broomstick so violently it broke her neck. Her body was dumped in some bushes. McDuff was sentenced to death, but later reduced to life, then paroled. Then went on to murder as many as 19 young women after his release. Finally executed in 1998 for the murder of Melissa Ann Northrup. McDuff, Who once remarked "Killing a woman is like killing a chicken. They both squawk."
========​
Channon Gail Christian, aged 21, and Hugh Christopher Newsom Jr., aged 23​
Both Christian and Newsom were raped. Newsom is believed to have been raped inside Davidson's house. According to the testimony of the Knox County Acting Medical Examiner, Newsom was sodomized with an object and raped by a minimum of one of the perpetrators. He was then taken to a set of railroad tracks where he forced to walk barefoot to the location where he was murdered. Prosecutors believe a mangled dog leash found on a hillside leading up to the railroad tracks was used to force Newsom to walk to his death. When Newsom was murdered, his hands were bound behind his back and his feet were bound together. He was blindfolded with a bandana and gagged with a sock. He wore only a shirt, t-shirt, and underwear. Newsom was shot in his neck and the back. Newsom was still very much alive, and after a while, they shot him in the back of his head. The fatal shot was fired with the muzzle of the gun against his head above his right ear and severed his brain stem. After killing Newsom, the assailants set his body on fire.​
Christian was held prisoner inside Davidson's house, mostly in the north bedroom. Prosecutors believe that Coleman held Christian captive while the male offenders were murdering Newsom. After murdering Newsom, the assailants returned to Davidson's house where they beat and repeatedly raped Christian. The medical examiner testified that Christian died after hours of sexual torture, sustaining severe head injuries and suffering severe injuries to her ******, anus, and mouth due to sexual assaults. Her injuries were consistent with being raped with an object. According to the medical examiner, the sexual attack Christian endured was "extreme" and "much more than a simple sexual assault." Prosecutors believe that Christian was tied to a chair and orally raped by Davidson and Cobbins. Christian was also anally and vaginally raped. She was also beaten and kicked in her ****** and beaten on the head. Christian suffered extensive hemorrhaging to her head and vaginal area. Before killing her, in an effort to remove DNA evidence, Christian's attackers poured bleach down her throat and scrubbed her body, including her bleeding and battered genital area with it. Christian was bound in a hog-tied fashion with curtains and strips of bedding. Her face was tightly covered with a small trash bag and her body was stashed in five large trash bags. Christian, who was naked except for her camisole and sweater, was tied in a fetal position and placed inside a residential waste disposal unit, and covered with sheets. The medical examiner testified at trial that there was evidence that Christian slowly suffocated to death.

Attachments

Reactions: fx77

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I think this was posted here before, an interview with Charlie Jones, the former warden and executioner at Holman prison in Atmore, Alabama. It's a pretty interesting watch.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
437 Posts
There is an excellent movie about the British hangman named Pierrepoint who executed something like 200 German war criminals after WWII in a very short time. I believe his total hangings were over 435.

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I'm pro death penalty but if I'm honest, I wouldn't want that on my conscience to be the executioner.
Putting down a "mad human" is no different than putting down a "mad dog".

In 1980 I was on the list for the PFC Garwood Firing Squad at Camp Lejeune, NC. He got a Dishonorable Discharge and was released.

PFC Garwood

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,018 Posts

·
Formerly retired EE.
14,018 Posts
What would be harder is killing a man in his late 30's or 40's for something he did when he was 18 or 19. People can grow up.

·
Scottish Member
12,202 Posts
What would be harder is killing a man in his late 30's or 40's for something he did when he was 18 or 19. People can grow up.
Kenny McDuff didn't. Started killing between 18-20, kept killing until finally locked up for the last time at 46, finally society was protected at age 52.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Not for me. What about someone that may very well be innocent? I know it probably has happened and is happening. I know there is a mother on death row for killing two of her little boys that I have no idea how anyone could be even close to positive of her guilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts