close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Excessive sweating - HELP!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bcmclane, Jan 18, 2010.

1. bcmclane

bcmclane

I have no idea why I've never posted looking for help here before, but anyway... So the last 18 months or so I've been sweating beyond belief. My armpits are the ONLY part of my body that sweats. And when I say beyond belief, it's like nothing I've ever seen or even read about before. I have to stuff paper towels under my armpits at work, and I have a desk job. I can literally SOAK a thick paper towel in 10 minutes. And I'm talking about enough so it can be rung out. If I take my shirt off and raise my arms, you can watch sweat drops actually pop out of my skin and roll down my sides. If I stand this way for a minute or two my jeans will be wet at the waistband. This weekend I went to a party and wore two T-shirts, a long sleeve shirt and a thick sweatshirt. Within an hour or so the sweatshirt and all underclothing was soaked. I'M GOING CRAZY HERE!!!! This is miserable, I can be freezing cold and still pouring sweat. :steamed:

So far I've tried every over the counter anti-pers there is. I've also tried Drysol, Formidon (sp??) and Robinol. Nothing touches it. Has anyone had a similar problem? Anyone have any suggestions? PLEEEEEEASE SOMEBODY HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!!

2. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I've heard that Botox can do the trick. Apparently, an injection of Botox into the armpit will paralyze the overachieving sweat glands, and keep you dry. But I think it's only good for six months at a time, or so.

Just something to look into.

3. epoxy252

epoxy252

Have you been to the Doctors ? Excessive sweating could be a sign of diabetes.

4. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Go see your doctor.

5. bcmclane

bcmclane

I've been to several different doctors. That's where I got the prescriptions. None of them have been able to help me. I'm 30 years old and in good health. I was thinking about diabetes because of poor eating habits. I don't usually eat anything until around 7pm, then I eat until I go to bed. I'm 6'2" and 185lbs.

6. bcmclane

bcmclane

Yeah, I've looked into that too. It lasts 6 months as you said, but is expensive and not covered by insurance.

7. Annoyedgrunt

8. Annoyedgrunt

I think it's a nervous thing, a self-conscious thing, more than anything. I used to be like that in high school, only not as bad as you describe.

The thing to do is, and this sounds hard- not to think about it. It's like a vicious cycle- you'll be sitting there, thinking Oh man, I'm gonna start sweating any minute now... and then BAM! it starts. And once it starts, you can't help but think about it, so it doesn't stop. This is the best I can describe it, how it was for me, not sure if you're the same, but the trick is- try not to think about it. Try not to be so self-conscious about it.

Or, just start saving for Botox.

9. bcmclane

bcmclane

Nah, It's not that. Thanks for trying though. I'm excessively confident and not self-conscious at all. And it happens completely randomly. I'll be sitting there completely zoned out watching a movie or something, then all of a sudden I feel water running down my sides... It's just annoying as hell to walk around wet. I haven't actually priced botox yet, just read about it and hear that it's expensive. I'm going to call my dermatologist tomorrow and get a price. At this point I'm willing to pay just about whatever.

10. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Something's not right -- obviously. There's got to be a doctor who knows what's going on. What do they guess it is?

11. Zell

Zell IrregularMember

Are you having Hot Flashes before the sweats?

12. plasticgunz

plasticgunz Swollen Member CLM

Drink a lot of coffee? If I drink more than a cup in the morning, I tend to get "cold" sweats.

13. douggmc

douggmc

Funny ... that's what your wife says happens to her every time I take her out. :whistling:

Sorry. :embarassed:

14. ocjackel

ocjackel

Have you tried this stuff? http://www.certaindri.com/Pages/CD_Home

I have used it for a few years now and it makes a huge difference.

You put it on at night before bed and use your regular anti-persperent in the morning.

I found that it reduced sweating by 90 to 95%.

You can get it at Target and Walmart.

15. elgoatropo

elgoatropo

No idea about the cure. But I would advise you not to wear a blued firearm in a shoulder rig.

16. bcmclane

bcmclane

Nope, never had a hot flash.

Nope, I don't drink coffee at all.

:supergrin: It's OK, I like a little joke now and again. (That was her trying to reason with me after returning home from your date. It didn't work, she's living in a cardboard box now.) :wavey:

Yeah, I've got it at home. It does absolutely nothing for me. :crying:

17. BAILIFF

BAILIFF Piece Officer

"Axilliary Hyperhidrosis"

"Endoscopic Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy" (ETS)

"Skoog Procedure" / "Retrodermal Curretage" :faint:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  18. Eyescream

Eyescream hates you

Have you had your thyroid function tested by any of the doctors that you spoke to about this? Perhaps you have hyperthyroidism.

19. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    [​IMG]
    :perfect10:

20. SgtThumper

SgtThumper

Well , I Dont have the answer to your problem, but you and me are in the same boat. I've had the same problem since I was in highschool. I used to wear jackets every single day to hide it, And I still have the same problem. Can be sitting around doing nothing and be sweating like crazy, even with AC on, no shirt on etc. I'm 25 now and in relatively good shape. Tested for diabetes and all that. Done the prescription and clinical deodorants and nothing works.