close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Excellent Shooting, loafnGLOCK (aka Dad)

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by GLOCKhp, May 5, 2003.

1. GLOCKhp

GLOCKhp Proud American

Went down to Shooter's Choice in Wilmington, NC, yesterday for the indoor match with loafnGLOCK, GLOCKhp2, 'Ghp3', and Mom. First off: Man, that's a nice range! Super clean, turning targets, very friendly staff, ad nauseum. Fine setup. Can't wait till June 1 for the next and final shoot of the series. Word is they're gonna have a barbecue, awards presentation, and the whole deal.

On to the shooting. loafnGLOCK and I were the only ones that shot. Ghp2 still isn't too crazy about shooting indoors with others, so I can't talk him into it yet (I guess it saves me a few bucks).
    Dad pulled one and ONLY shot a 498!!!;W ;W ;S ;S His 35 year hiatus from competitive shooting sports doesn't seem to have caused him any problems in the bullseye-type arena!!
    I shot a personal best 485. I was on the verge of being disappointed because it sure didn't look like it would be that high. And just a little sidenote, that's also higher than Thylacine's scored on an indoor shoot. I know, Thy -- your response is, "How many of these have you shot and how many have I shot?" That's OK, though, because I know you shoot more in between than I do.

There was one other fella that shot after we did that also scored a 498, and I heard someone else say he'd shot a 486 and another guy shot a 485.

I need to add another 2003 goal: Get Dad to get his own Glock so he'll quit outshooting me with MINE!!

Looking forward to June...;f