Glock Talk banner

Exactly what I was looking for thanks Marlin!

7830 Views 118 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  ancy
Been looking to suppress a 357 lever gun for years now and it looks like Marlin was just listening to me. All the info I have and I hope it's all I been dreaming of!

Sorry for crappy pics all I could get and have one on pre-order.
41 - 60 of 119 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
I have Marlins in 35 Rem, 375 Win and 44 mag, all got back in the day when prices were reasonable.

With lever gun prices being crazy these days I'm hoping Ruger will bring out their American Ranch Rifle in 357 and 44 mag. Those would make great little rifles and suppressor hosts since they are already threaded.
I don't have a .35 Rem, Grandfather did but I didn't buy it when he was selling it. I should have, it was a waffle top with the 3/4 length magazine. I used it once to kill a deer and really kick myself for not buying it from him.

· Registered
204 Posts
Is the Optimus a rifle can like the Hybrid or a pistol can like the Mystic. I believe I looked at it when I bought mine but couldn't be found anywhere. I almost bought the Hybrid to suppress my 1895 but read 45-70 doesn't suppress well and I wouldn't have the can in time for next season. This 1894 is just perfect for the can I have and love loading for 38/357.
It's a pistol can like the Mystic, but comes with another part and baffle for long configuration to run some of the rifle calibers. I use it as short for 9mm and 22lr and the long for 308. But, I also own an Omega that I use on most of my rifles. The Optimus only gets used on my PSA PA-10

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Why is there no more leaked info? I did receive some info on the 45-70 Trapper. Full synthetic stock with good fitment and smooth action but then again they have been making these for a few years now not the 357.

· Banned
8,024 Posts
I'm getting one of these. I'll start looking online today. I have an 1894 SS JM 44. Any thoughts on length to cut 20" barrel to? 16.5" to match the 357? Would you leave the JM barrel alone and buy a new barrel to cut and recrown?

· Banned
8,024 Posts
Good deal then. I looked at polymer furniture for levers many times. The $6-700 price never dropped. I'm definitely getting one or two. I now see why so many of you are so excited before all the reasons I am. That threaded barrel is nice whether you use it or not. Maybe I'll throw a Burning Pig on the end and an RMR on top? Need to get a piece of 1913 to screw on top like the non-threaded models show. Ghost ring sights are a huge improvement in radius at least.

41 - 60 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.