Glock Talk banner

Exactly what I was looking for thanks Marlin!

7833 Views 118 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  ancy
Been looking to suppress a 357 lever gun for years now and it looks like Marlin was just listening to me. All the info I have and I hope it's all I been dreaming of!

Sorry for crappy pics all I could get and have one on pre-order.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't find any info on them like they aren't even real. I'm a little worried about forking over $900 for a rifle I can't see and feel though. Anyone use 357mag for deer or coyote hunting? I've loaded up some 180 grain coated lead right at 1050fps out of my 10" T/C not sure how they'll do out of 16.5". My nephew is hitting a huge dealer show next weekend and I hope to get a report.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Liberty Mystic X. It's a 9mm can rated for magnums. Including 300 Winchester Magnum.
That's what I'm using!
I haven't had any luck finding a silencer that's magnum rated... granted i havent looked super hard.

I'd love a quieter magnum thumper for coyotes
Yes the Liberty Mystic X is rated way over MAG and that's what I'm using. Here it is on my T/C 357MAX, now if they would camber the Marlin in MAX that would be awesome!

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They must not sell many guns with threaded barrels. Including the thread size and pitch in the specifications is a wee bit important.

Tony
Thought the same thing. I have FBA in 5/8x24 and 1/2x28 but was thinking going 3 lug. Other thoughts was get a Henry all weather and have it cut and threaded. Just no side gate loading and with gunsmithing I'll be up to $900 quick.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
My understanding is that this rifle is brand new for 2018 and not even officially announced. Was first "leaked" as photos of the 2018 Marlin catalog about a week or two ago. I think patience is still needed for availability and details.

Rob
My nephew works at a gun shop and it's on dealer ordering pages for pre-orders. He told me $900 but I'm stuck with it as do not plan on stocking it. Two big reasons I'm really into it is I'm a lefty and like the leveraction for a locked breech gun and suppressed 357 is legal for deer in Iowa which should be perfect for my young boys to shoot. My nephew heads to a huge dealer show next weekend and I would think they'll have it there to check out.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Griffin's Optimus is rated for 357 magnum. It's what I plan to use if I pick up one of these 1894CST. The Optimus is similar to the Liberty Mystic in that it is also a rifle rated can that can do pistols as well. I use my Optimus on 22lr, 9mm and.308 right now.
Is the Optimus a rifle can like the Hybrid or a pistol can like the Mystic. I believe I looked at it when I bought mine but couldn't be found anywhere. I almost bought the Hybrid to suppress my 1895 but read 45-70 doesn't suppress well and I wouldn't have the can in time for next season. This 1894 is just perfect for the can I have and love loading for 38/357.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I wouldn't do the Henry purely because you'd have to remove the silencer every time you went to load.
I didn't have any real options till now. Was looking at a 3 lug mount for easy on and off to load plus Henry's are one hell of a lever gun. I just hope the Marlin comes out nice not sure I'm sold on painted black wood on a $900 gun.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Why is there no more leaked info? I did receive some info on the 45-70 Trapper. Full synthetic stock with good fitment and smooth action but then again they have been making these for a few years now not the 357.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.