Glock Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39,675 Posts
Back when I was first interested in lever guns (70's), I thought the .44 MAG was good for a medium-power brush carbine (but I was more fond of the early production Ruger .44 carbine I owned); my .444 Marlin was good for a decently powerful brush carbine ... and the .357 MAG lever guns were handy for cute, medium-bore close range brush guns. (Better than a M1 Carbine. ;) )

Nowadays the only lever guns I own are a couple of .30-30's. I miss that older Ruger .44 carbine and the .444 Marlin, though, both of which I foolishly let slip through my hands.

The short stainless lever gun the OP linked would probably make for a handy little medium-bore, close range brush carbine, though.

If I were younger and were going start over with lever guns, I've often thought I'd still own a couple of different length .30-30's, as well as a .45-70, and probably a short carbine in a light caliber, like the .357 MAG. A nice rounded collection, so to speak.

· Registered
39,675 Posts
Now, as long as the wannabe's and what's-the-latest-trend-me-too gun buyers don't "discover" the value and practicality of lever guns, we're probably fine. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.