Everything you know about the civil war is wrong.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by inthefrey, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

If you won, YOU need to "get over it", stop with the lies and ridicule and the so called "problems" with the South and the Confederacy will be no more.

But I guess over 150 years of strife, needless bloodshead, and billions of tax dollars wasted isn't enough yet is it?

Gray_Rider

Just Glocks likes this.
  2. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

It should be a simple matter to link to the posts where you did this.

As I recall, when challenged about the supposed "facts" you present your normal course of action is simply to ignore the questions or challenges and move on to other claims but when you're not allowed to simply ignore your errors, the response is not to correct yourself but rather....

R*E likes this.

3. Animal Mother

Are you explicitly saying that you intend to continue the treason of Davis and company at some point in the future?

4. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Are you saying Lincoln didn't committ treason !

The future is wide open were only at peace here until government says we're not most people I know will follow their lead
    I've posted with you before quit making mountains out of mole hills
    I think Lincoln was an ass hole you dont we dont share the same opinion that's ok get over it !

5. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Glocks. Thanks for the support. But. Where did I imply that?

If I did somewhere I need to correct my post.

Thanx in advance,

Gray

Just Glocks likes this.
  6. Animal Mother

No, I didn't say anything of the sort though he didn't. I simply asked a question.
    You consider treason a molehill?

7. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Not you was a reply my opinion to Animal Mother your A ok , dont think some people understand southern people have different views of Lincoln than Yankees do
    Just opinions
    I personally dont think Lincoln had constitutional Authority to Rape and pillage the south for his own gain , to me the arrogance of this man is yet to be matched today !

Gray_Rider likes this.
  8. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Man your comprehension level must be zero
    I'll just mark it Zero for you !

9. Animal Mother

You don't believe the elected leader of a nation has the authority to defend that nation, and its military establishments, against treason and attack?

10. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Your conveniently for getting one thing Lincoln wasn't king and we have a constitution
    Today states rights are reckonized why now and not then ? Succession is a states right !

11. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

I stand corrected on slave owning percentage.

4.8% According to the article listed below.

Some more reading on the subject of slavery in the South. Seems more than a few freemen owned no small number of black slaves either.

Dixie's Censored Subject
    Black Slave Owners
    Robert M. Grooms
    Copyright 1997

Gray_Rider

12. Animal Mother

Where did I say, or even imply, Lincoln was king? You didn't answer the question asked.
    1. It's Secession.
    2. No, it's not. As James Madison wrote, "The essential difference between a free Government and Governments not free, is that the former is founded in compact, the parties to which are mutually and equally bound by it. Neither of them therefore can have a greater fight to break off from the bargain, than the other or others have to hold them to it."

13. Animal Mother

Grooms' methodology in arriving at this figure seems to be essentially taking the number of slaves counted in the 1860 census and dividing it by the total population, the problem with this is that the census included all members of a family individually including children. A more accurate figure is given by the chart quoted earlier showing the percent of families owning slaves, which was 25% overall but varied widely from 49% to 12%.

14. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Just Glocks:

On the inevatable accusation of "treason".

Secession was never treason. The leaders of the "Union" knew it from the start, and Secretary Of War Stanton of ("I have but to tap that little bell" fame), was advised against pursuing charges of treason against Jefferson Davis by no less than Chief Justice Salmon P. Chase. (Something Davis demanded he be tried for BTW).

"If you bring these leaders to trial, IT WILL CONDEM THE NORTH, for BY THE CONSTITUTION, SECESSION IS NOT REBELLION
    his (Davis') capture WAS A MISTAKE. HIS TRIAL WILL BE A BIGGER ONE. WE CANNOT CONVICT HIM OF TREASON."

"It doesn't matter how many lies we tell, because once we have won, no one will be able to do anythng about it."

Dr. Joseph Goebbles. Admirer of Lincoln's freedom destroying policies.

Gray_Rider
    Old Irrassable
    Secessh

{Caps in any G_R post are NOT to be construed as "shouting" but only to provide needed emphasis. Kindest regards, G_R}

billorights and Just Glocks like this.
  15. Animal Mother

The accusation is made because the actions of those engaged in the rebellion constituted treason. That the US, in the hopes of preventing further conflict, didn't pursue those charges doesn't change the acts that were taken.
    Where did Chase say or write this? If Chase actually held this to be true, why would he have written, in the majority opinion in Texas v. White,

"When, therefore, Texas became one of the United States, she entered into an indissoluble relation. All the obligations of perpetual union, and all the guaranties of republican government in the Union, attached at once to the State. The act which consummated her admission into the Union was something more than a compact; it was the incorporation of a new member into the political body. And it was final. The union between Texas and the other States was as complete, as perpetual, and as indissoluble as the union between the original States. There was no place for reconsideration or revocation, except through revolution or through consent of the States."​

16. clancy

clancy

How many of those freeman were manumitted or bought their freedom, and then purchased their wives from bondage, though, being purchased, were still listed as slaves?

17. clancy

clancy

Here is a fascinating historical fact you have provided. You have admitted the Confederacy was still part of the Untied States!

"Lincoln never said he instigated this war to end slavery and the Union had no right to invade and destroy their own country."

R*E and Dave514 like this.
  18. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Slavery,

19. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Fellows history is now irrelevant and a lot has been destroyed by author's or people hell bent on changing Lincoln's criminal crimes my opinion
    But the destruction of Confederate monument's didn't change history but reenforced it
    No Yankee criminal statues have been touched , Governments behavior on this issue galls me to right things Lincoln's memorial statue in Washington should be dragged to their land field so history can become equal, I dont care what happened yesterday it's tomorrow that only counts, I dont think Jefferson Davis was put on trial because it would have lead to a trial for Lincoln but someone shot his **** for brains out anyway so even that's irrelevant
    I think everyone should let sleeping dogs lie and get on with tommorow which is looking bleak !

20. Silvertiger27

Silvertiger27

Not really sure how any rational mind can look at modern America and think the "right side" won the Civil War. Hundreds of thousands of white men died in the worst possible conditions so that 150 years later, the people they freed could ally with foreign and domestic enemies to commit genocide against white people.

Yay. What a victory.

Maybe there was no right side. Much like Europe in WW1, maybe it didn't matter who won because regardless, the war snowballed into the modern, emasculated bed of Marxism and population replacement. Can't say the Confederacy were the good guys, because slavery and all. Can't say the Union were the good guys because, come on, just look at the country today. That and all the war crimes that modern white people like to make fun of. So hilarious, laughing at the unimaginable suffering of impoverished southern white people, two threads down from an article where Muslims and Marxists compete to see who will be the best traitor to forever enslave and destroy the country from the Oval Office.

This country was just ****ed from the start because it was built on a premise that has become all too clear, tragically, that humanity isn't capable of freedom.

F14A and Just Glocks like this.