GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
We had monthly weigh-ins in the Marines. They recorded your weight as weighed minus the weight of the uniform. They had the weight of a medium size BDU uniform and boots down to the ounce.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hannie, you should not tell us anything about you being naked, it short-circuits our brains.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,020 Posts
I weighed my clothes and boots so the doc could stop telling me to lose weight and quit drinking. Now she just tells me to quit drinking.

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,776 Posts
This being Saturday and all, I just took a shower.

Before I got into the rain locker, my buck nekkid weight was 192.5 pounds.

After I got dressed and put my jack knife in my pocket and watch on, wearing moccasin type slippers, the scales said 200 pounds even. A 7 1/2 pound increase.

This weight from a typical digital bathroom scale, but I did check a few times and it seemed repeatable when I dusted off a 10 pound barbell weight (never used in years) and tried the with/without deal.

Wow...when I put on a jacket and boots the whole weight of my clothing must be close to 12 pounds.

Are my scales crazy, or does this sound right??
Nah - you're right.......

The VA even allows 8lbs to delete from scale weight when you get checked at the doctor's office.

I always protest that my true weight is whilst I'm stark naked right after my shower and I offer to take my clothes off to get an accurate weight.

So far, the nurses haven't approved that and they tell me to leave the clothing on and they'll take off the standard deviation from my overall weight.

I'd still rather be naked - I'm a Spock Baby and nakedness isn't much of a problem for that generation.

·
17,603 Posts
I used to have regular VA hospital appointments and that's when I'd weigh myself. But now because of the Chinese plague I haven't been there for a while but recently I had a pre-op exam prior to foot surgery and I got weighed and now their stupid scales are in kilograms instead of pounds but I weighed 104 KG which an online calculator tells me is 229 American pounds. And they said to figure 9 or 10 pounds for clothes an shoes.

Then when I got home, I weighed myself on a new bathrood scale that I had to buy since I wasn't gettin weighed regularly at the VA anymore, and wearing the same clothes and shoes I weighed 225 pounds.

I've always weighed myself with my clothes on but sometime without my shoes. And as far as I'm concerned, I don't need to know my EXACT weight right down to the last quarter ounce. all I need to know is how close I am to the weight I want to be.

For a couple of years I couldn't seem to get below 240 and I'm 6'3'. Then I went on a low carb diet and stopped eating potatoes, rice, pasta and bread and lost 20 pounds and stayed on that diet and stayed at 220 for almost a year and then I got sick and lost about ten pounds and got dehydrated and collapsed in public and had to be taken to a hospital.

So then I started eating good and not only gained back the ten pounds but gained back about 20 more so then in the past few months I've struggle to lose the excess and now I'm close to my ideal weight again.

And even without a scale I can tell a ten pond difference in weight by what notch I have to use to keep my pants up and When I was at 240 I wore size 38 waist and at 220 I wear 36.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
One thing that surprised me the first time I checked it was how much weight I lose overnight. Just through respiration and perspiration (at room temperature, not sweltering) I shed about half a pound while I'm sleeping.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I weighed my clothes once years ago:
With clothes and Seecamp about 8 lbs rounded off.
Without Seecamp about 7 lbs rounded off.

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
Wife has a friend that is a weight watcher instructor. She gets weighed to keep her job. Said she went braless once when she thought it would be close.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts