GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
20,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This being Saturday and all, I just took a shower.

Before I got into the rain locker, my buck nekkid weight was 192.5 pounds.

After I got dressed and put my jack knife in my pocket and watch on, wearing moccasin type slippers, the scales said 200 pounds even. A 7 1/2 pound increase.

This weight from a typical digital bathroom scale, but I did check a few times and it seemed repeatable when I dusted off a 10 pound barbell weight (never used in years) and tried the with/without deal.

Wow...when I put on a jacket and boots the whole weight of my clothing must be close to 12 pounds.

Are my scales crazy, or does this sound right??

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,484 Posts
So you take a shower every Saturday whether you need it or not?

I always weigh myself naked too. Clothes do weigh a lot.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,484 Posts

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,547 Posts
The thought of weighing my clothes has never crossed my mind.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

Before I got into the rain locker, my buck nekkid weight was 192.5 pounds.

After I got dressed and put my jack knife in my pocket and watch on, wearing moccasin type slippers, the scales said 200 pounds even. A 7 1/2 pound increase.

This weight from a typical digital bathroom scale, but I did check a few times and it seemed repeatable when I dusted off a 10 pound barbell weight (never used in years) and tried the with/without deal.

Wow...when I put on a jacket and boots the whole weight of my clothing must be close to 12 pounds.

Are my scales crazy, or does this sound right??
I just weighed myself and was also around 7.5 pounds heavier fully clothed.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,484 Posts
Nope, the Saturday deal still stands...it just goes old school when i lug some water up from the lake and heat it up on the wood stove...
But what do you do when the lake freezes?

Reactions: mj9mm

·
****** Viejo
28,789 Posts
Yes. We discussed clothes weighing a lot while eating Thanksgiving dinner. Mine weigh ten pounds on average. Add a few more pounds with the pocket pistol and spare mag, cell phone and Epi-pen with holster. tom. :cowboy:

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,484 Posts
Get the ice auger out of the shed and drill some holes.....works better before the Budweisers though...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions: FullClip

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Same as blood pressure check, I'm looking for the lowest numbers possible. I too weigh myself naked. Just a heads up checking your weight with the floor models at kohl's is strongly frowned upon.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I always think about this, especially when I am out hunting like this morning. I know on a day like this, 29 degrees this AM, I had at least 40 lbs of clothes and gear to carry. Ironically I have some pretty good hi-tech clothing to wick sweat away etc and I still feel the weight even after a mile hiking in.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts