close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever watch Gangland?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dalton Wayne, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

What a bunch of thugs these inter city gangs are, really opens your eyes, I get customers that come in the store that are all gangster-ed up, the big thing here is to have the area code tats

2. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I suppose this is really pushing into the first amendment, but I've always kind of thought gang tattoos should be punishable by death.

3. l0_0l

l0_0l beat that beat

yeah, and i stopped watching after one episode where they made some indians on a reservation out as a gang who "smuggled" in illegal alcohol and threw rocks at each other

not to mention the annoying waAAaawAAwWWaaa blurring screen transitions and the 88% of episodes being stock footage of ??? who knows what

stupid show for stupid's people

4. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Yo homie dog cracker, I watch. :whistling:

5. Kikon

Kikon Apprentice

Well, it's scary the fire power some of these gangs carry, specially in CA & 100% agree in regards of the annoying waaaaawaaaawaaa transitions.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  6. plasticgunz

plasticgunz Swollen Member CLM

I don't think you've seen the show he's talking about.

7. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Having been called a gang member, with "gang tattoos" and had my picture and info put on file with a police gang unit - even though I have never been a member of a gang and the belief that this "gang" even existed was manufactured by a newspaper - I'm probably not going with the "death for gang tattoos" statute. :rofl:

Gangland isn't very popular in the Harley/biker community because of their semi-BS motorcycle club episodes.

8. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Yeah, I know it's a bad idea. I'm sure distribution of involuntary tattoos would probably sky rocket as well.

9. Cleburne

Cleburne

My coworker loves this show for he is an ex cop, so we have to watch it every Friday. It makes me glad that I don't live in a big city.

10. l0_0l

l0_0l beat that beat

i knows xactly what show he's talking about... watch the first 30 seconds and everything i mentioned in my first post comes to life in glorious techniculla;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikiw2ZjIB0k"]Gangland - Clash of the Crips Season 6 Episode 20 (1 of 5) - YouTube[/ame]

11. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

The hand signs look retarded.

12. michael e

michael e

Some of the episodes are good, but alot of them is just the same thing with a diffrent gang being discussed.

13. clancy

clancy

Word!

14. dyobvk

dyobvk

That was one of the episodes where indians formed a gang on a reservation and they did they he said.

I have probabry seen all the espisode. I stop watch when they started showing episoded I had alread seen. U learn alot about the gangs.

One thing I know for sure is a gang member looks at it as a career and they are more organized and dedicated than the majority of multi million dollar legal companies, they have a structure and you rarely see them direspect there own.

15. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

My brother in law watches that crap. He likes it unless I'm there and we both make fun of the loser gang members. I especially enjoyed the "badass" Native American gang too. I l'dmao when we watched that one. "The Res" they called it.
    And yes, it is a very repetitive show.

16. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Most of these gangbangers, not all, are a bunch of f.....ng whimps one on one. They're only tough if they out number you 4 to 1.

1 on 1 and they'll run away like little girls cussing at you while holding their pants up if you stand up to them and dont take any crap.

17. BobbyT

BobbyT

You're joking, right?

Their "structure" is a couple guys at the top making money, and an army of illiterates making less than minimum wage while putting themselves in stupid situations until they finally get a real jail sentence or end up dead.

I'm sure every other night they get drunk and tell each other how much "paper" they're gonna get, before getting back in their rusted 80s crapboxes. What a life.

The episodes of Gangland I've seen focused more on the offshoots of Mexican gangs. They were always interviewing fat cholos with Ye Olde English tattoos across their giant guts, as they told the camera how "hard" they were.

Great for a laugh...pathetic that so much of my paycheck is being stolen to buy their votes.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

That's the sort of thing the police are taught about gangs too.

Problem is, it is mostly untrue. A very large part of what you get on Gangland or the police academy is made up by fake "gang experts" trying to make a buck by sharing their "knowledge." Basically the same people who started the fictional "satanic abuse" panic of the early 90's.

19. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

And then bring back four or five of their homies.

20. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

I'm "very familiar" with one of the clubs that was highlighted on the show...the inaccuracies they portrayed were laughable. And not surprisingly are brought up even here on GT whenever the club is mentioned. So if it's said enough, it must be true

But I suppose if it sells TV advertisement, and increases funding to police forces, I suppose that's all that matters