close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever Wake yourself up from a dream

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hailstorm, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

The question is. Have you ever woke yourself up from a dream because you actually did something like moved.

Had a shoot out dream and woke myself up from the reload. I slammed the mag in and actually did the motion and woke myself up.

A very odd really after that. Like disappointed. :shocked:

2. longhair

longhair

I've told myself I was dreaming and needed to wake up, and did.

3. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

Couple of times while I'm dreaming really bad stuff-I suddenly realize that parts of this can't be happening (I dreamed that my living room was flooding-then realized that I fixed the roof two weeks ago) and tell myself in the dream. Most of the time I have no recollection of my dreams after I wake up.

4. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

I've pinched myself during boring dreams to try to wake up. Haven't succeeded yet.

5. 9jeeps

9jeeps

Every time I dream of high water it's time to wake up and head for the can.

6. ronin.45

ronin.45

I've moved in a dream and smacked my arm into the wall. It definitely wakes me up.

7. Hummerbike

Hummerbike

I learned to wake myself up to escape from stressful dreams.
    The first time I tried it it was very difficult. I knew I was dreaming and I knew it was one of those dreams that go on and on and never end so I decided to open my eyes. It took took every bit of will power I had to force my eyes to open.
    I've gotten much better at it now and can open my eyes almost at will.
    One thing I've learned is that as soon as I open my eyes ,even if only for one second, I forget the dream and can go back to sleep easily. I sleep much better since I'm not a slave to my dreams.

8. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Ok, here is another one. I have had dreams that I was under water in the ocean. I realize it is a dream and I stop holding my breath and breath under water.

Kinda freaky when you figure it out. Taking a breath expecting to choke if I was wrong. I usually wake up soon after I figure it out.

OK, who dreams about zombies.....I have a few times. Wake up out of breath.lol Blankets on the floor.

9. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

I usually like nightmares, but occasionally I'll wake myself up when things get out of control.

I've tried to go back into really fabulous dreams but have never been able to that at all.

PS, I've heard taking lots of vitamin B12 causes dreaming. Not sure if it works, but I try.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  10. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

If I fall asleep flat on my back, there's like a 90% chance I'll wake myself up yelling at some point.

Not even joking. :dunno:

11. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

I usually click my ruby slippers when SHTF in my dreams, and I'm back to reality.

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

:rofl::rofl:

I have had dreams of stomach cramps also...

13. tbone1970

tbone1970 walmart goat

for the most part, i cant tell that my dreams are dreams. which sometimes can be very stressful if i "get into a car accident", or "get fired from my job", or something like that. when i wake up, its a huge relief that it was just a dream.

one time a few months ago, i was able to realize i was dreaming and wake myself up. i have no idea how i did it. but i would love to have that ability all the time.

ive found that what i eat really affects my dreams. indian food especially gives me some wild ones. i assume its one of the spices they use, but i have no idea which one(s) do it to me.

ive heard that some people can "change channels" if they dont like the dream they are having. that would be really cool to do.

14. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Never had a dream I wanted to wake up from. The worst nightmare I've had was still more attractive than real life.

15. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

One of the aspects of a "vivid" dream is that you are close to waking up and the barrier that prevents your subconscious from initiating actual physical movement is starting to break down. This is why you naturally wake up from bad dreams. It also explains dreams where it feels like your legs are stuck in mud or where it takes a lot of force to pull the trigger, etc. I frequently realize that I am in a dream, but can only control it for a few minutes before waking up for the same reasons.

16. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I believe this is referred to as the pee dream and it can be tough to wake up in time :whistling:

:50cal:

17. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

I read an article as a kid in (i think) Nova Magazine about lucid dreams and it described how to coach yourself when going to sleep to recognize when you are in fact in a dream. Basically you repeated a phrase in your head like "i want to recognize when i'm dreaming"....over and over while falling asleep.

I tried it for a while and was successful maybe 50% of the times i tried, but it was really neat to be conscious of the fact that you're im a dream, do anything you want to do with no consequences, and remember the dream vividly upon awakening.

I liked to "fly"...like superman.

18. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I'm still waiting for the American nightmare from 2008 to end but it looks like we will have it for another four years unfortunately.

:faint:

19. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Gee, I can't wait for someone to come along with a reference to one of those new age dream interpretation books.

:upeyes::upeyes::upeyes:

20. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I found out there weren't anymore Democrats or Liberals left in America and that we had a president from a third party.

Then I realized it was just a dream.

:faint:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012