close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever see these bikes?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by jim123, Jun 15, 2006.

1. jim123

jim123

I saw some bikes I liked on www.bikez.com. When I looked at traderonline.com none showed up. Do they sell these in the USA?
    Honda CB 1300
    Suzuki GSX 1200, GSX 1300
    Yamaha XJR 1200, XJR 1300
    They all looked like standard bikes from the 1980's but hith giant sized engines. Whenever I see a bike on the street, its either a crotch rocket or a cruiser.

2. klmmicro

klmmicro

Might be Euro models. It seems like the powers that be over there are trying to curb the "sport" in sport bikes. Speed limited, large displacement "standard" bikes are the coming trend for their market as their union clamps down on performance.

We have the cruiser/crotch-rocket thing going on here as well. I used to ride a Nighthawk just because it was so different. Now I am riding a 650 dual sport. Nice to have a bit of identity anymore.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Yep, those are Euro models. It would be nice to have them in the US, but I think that those Japanese marketing people may know more about the American market than we think. I personally think that there's a niche out there for powerful standards but the overall American market might not share the same feeling. But then since that we don't have access to these bikes either, so we don't know if there's a market for it.

4. Dandapani

Dandapani

Lots of world bikes (standards) I love to be able to buy. I dislike cruisers sit on your *** with your feet up and repli-racers hurt me too much to ride.

5. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm with you. There are but a handful of standard models available in the USA