Ever Leave Junk At The End Of The Drive

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by bocephus549, Feb 20, 2010.

1. bocephus549

bocephus549 Bo Knows.......

I've done it several times and it always amazes me how quickly someone picks it up. Today I left an old weed eater, blower and a hose reel. It was gone in less than 30 minutes!

2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Yep,.......a wore out washer/dryer were gone in about an hour.

3. ppcrusa

ppcrusa

We throw out pure junk. Like you, it always amazes me how people stop to get such things. I have had some things sit longer than others, but I have never seen anything left.
    I can't understand what people want with this mess.

4. RedHaze

RedHaze Handgunner

One mans trash... is another mans treasure...

Or more so, one mans trash, is another mans addition to his junk.

5. DRZ

DRZ

Ditto.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  6. m2hmghb

m2hmghb

Or it's an addition to his wallet. Steel, copper, and so on are all worth money.

7. drew4691

drew4691

some people like to tinker / fix things. say someone had access to parts they could prob fix the washer & dryer. or they just took it to the scrapyard and got money for the metal, lol!

8. bocephus549

bocephus549 Bo Knows.......

I'm sure someone with some skills could get the weed eater and blower running again. I got at least ten years service out of both.

9. DRZ

DRZ

Ditto.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  10. PBCounty

PBCounty

I see them trolling the neighborhood with their trucks and trailers piled high with junk. They have no shame either. You could be in the driveway washing your truck and they'll just pull over and scoop up whatever you left at the roadside. It must pay something, I have plenty of regular trollers in my area.

11. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Yep .

12. dac1204

dac1204

Like others have said most likely its the scrap money. Around my parts they are getting 8 dollars a hundred which means 80 dollars for 1000 pounds of steel.

If you go around and get free stuff all day and pile it up then take it with a trailer you can make some good money but the problem is everyone's doing it.
    Take 3000 pounds and get 200- 240 dollars and you will probably spend around 40-60 for gas. Thats not bad for a days work for some people.

Like I said though its harder to find the mother load with everyone doing it.

13. 88_gurgel

88_gurgel

When my roommates and I were moving out from our college house we put several couches out on the blvd. They too were gone quickly. One kid even asked us to help carry the couch 2 blocks down the street. We were glad to help him furnish his house. The only thing left the next morn was a ratty looking barca lounger with some duct tape on it.

14. mymini40

mymini40

If you leave it by the curb its free for the taking. Have you heard of dumpster divers?

15. fusegsp

fusegsp

A couple of the towns around here have what they call "Junk Day." You just toss random crap out at the end of your driveway and a swarm of zombie-like creatures appear and rifle through it. It's fun to watch. Better than the state fair.

16. hatidua

hatidua

My neighbor across the street has unthinkingly left his bike leaning against his garage door overnight, just assuming that it'd be there for him to ride to work in the morning. NOPE. And, it's not like it's only been once! some people are slow to learn -dumbass.

17. Another Miller

Another Miller prankster

Yup.once in awhile.

Put an old hi-chair out that had a broken sliding table,6 in the evening.The next morning, it was gone.Im thinking cool, I can get rid of more metal junk and wont have to pay someone to haul it to the dump.Got rid of a broken sheet metal door the same way.

Ive done it too. saw a pile of old pipes sitting out by the trash.They were copper.Loaded them up in my trunk.The guy was sitting on his porch and just waved.Got 128 bucks for the small pile of old copper pipes at the recycling yard.It was easy to fit something like that in my trunk and easy to haul when I was going that way anyhow.

18. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

I could use a bike. Where do you live? :rofl:

19. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Me and a buddy were walking around Jax Beach and sat on this couch at the end of a driveway for like 2 hours. The owner walked out looked at us sitting on his give away end of the driveway couch and walked back in. Good times.

20. tylernt

tylernt Special Member

I picked up a lawn mower someone had left at the curb. Spent almost nothing getting it running again (cleaned the carb) and sold it for almost 100% profit minus labor. I can't really count the labor either, as I had fun doing it.