close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever "Hide" Something From Yourself??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Now where did I put that 100 box of PMags? :supergrin:

2. mtpisgah

mtpisgah

I have three hiding places for stuff so I know it will be in one of those. In each house I had before this one I had specific places to hide stuff. My biggest problem is keeping my wife from finding it. If she finds where I keep the wine budget cash or the new G34 I haven't told her about, I need to find better hiding places. And a new place to live for a few weeks.

3. GIG4FUN

GIG4FUN

My wife and I are laughing our buttttsss off something fierce!!!!! AND I MEAN it!
    I have a lot of cool irreplacable things (her too at times BUT not like I do..) and we do this: we have learned to say "let's put it in a safe place" so it is there safe et cetera...

IT is gone forever and only to be found many years later after replacements and accusations!

Oh, this has been the case so many times for us.

We built a BIG new house in 1978 with lots land and outbuildings...and we are still in it - so you KNOW there's things here to be found "eventually!"

Great post and it lives here.

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

I lost some stuff during our move. Some memorabilia, my old passports (3) with a poop load of cool stamps. Even looking in my current passport, I see stamps for Nov-Dec 2012, and have ZERO recollection of ever going to those places.

I think my wife ditched them, fearing they would bring back too many memories to me of wild times "on the road".

One time I did lose a phone and a knife in the snow, rough-housing with the boys.

2-3 weeks later I find em both, RIGHT WHERE I LOST EM the knife is rusted shut, the phone turns on after drying out (but then poops the bed after that :sad: :))

5. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

I got a Royal Robins pre 5.11 tact vest around here somewhere that I can not find and we have looked everywhere!

6. droidfire

droidfire

Bah, I carry for my protection, but even without i'm still confident in my ability to take care of myself.

Gt is mostly harmless, but out there on the random internets I gotta be much more mindful about what's happening with/to/through my machine then I care to be for the time being.

I also am needing all of my somewhat limited mobile data over my lines right now for work stuff. With the goals i'm working towards at the moment overages would damage my timetable, and external links generally lead to data intensive destinations.

You know, click through these 30 slides (so we can load a million ads and feed you some story one agonizing fact at a time)...website ads served top, side middle bottom and inset in the article...

...movies that start playing.

I generally use my mobile in desktop mode, so get all that.

(No, don't believe in ad blockers. Variety of reasons but including screwing up my work stuffs. Yes, i'm rooted)

Keeping up with the mobiles isn't really an issue. I'd hate to start the level of upkeep/time involved in re-imaging and resetting my various desktop boxes.

Something about abstinence...maybe it does work after all.

7. 66geo

66geo

Hid some cash so that I would not spend it..havent spent it yet and haven't found it yet neither.Guess the idea must have worked but not in a good way.

The worst of it,needed it but couldnt find it.

8. G17Jake

G17Jake

Back in 1984, I found $450 that I had put inside an address book. It had been many months, maybe over a year earlier that I stashed it. Completely forgot about it. That was a pleasant surprise.

9. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Several times.
    Items of note, that I've lost (and will never find):

My virginity.
    My sanity.
    My sense of humor.
    My sense of compassion.

All kidding aside. . . . I don't typically lose/misplace things.
    I can come home, set my keys on the cabinet by the door, and my wife will move them, and put them where SHE wants them!
    30 minutes later, when I have to run over to the farm, my _ _ _ _ keys are gone!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  10. Ronaldo

Ronaldo Ancient Member Millennium Member

Missing an old Prince Albert tobacco tin containing $1000 that I stashed for 'gun' money. This was in the early 1980's.....

Told my son that it would be his incentive to make a detailed and probing search of the house when I croak.

Ronaldo :steamed:

11. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Half full of water. I took it apart and threw it into a gallon of oil but still had to have it refinished and new springs put in.

No, anyone else in the house would have been drowned.

12. racerford

racerford

So do you think it was on the counter all along buried under stuff, and everything else floated off, leaving only the gun?

Or was it friendly ghosts?

I am intrigued by this story.

13. ca survivor

ca survivor

I feel a lot better now, I had this flashlight...........

14. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

It could have been anywhere. Under a couch, over a cabinet, in a drawer, under a bed, in a closet, anywhere. The whole house was filled up with water to the ceiling. Mostly, it looked like it had been filled up with water, turned upside down, and shaken.

But, there were all kinds of strange things. Every book in the house was destroyed and ruined, except one. The Bible I was given by my church when I became a Christian at 15 was completely undamaged. Not even dirty, and the pages are still perfect. It was sitting on the floor in a pile of ruined books. It's sitting on my shelf now.

Figure that one out.

15. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

When my eldest was little I started setting aside silver dollars & $2 bills for "tooth fairy" money. Got to be a habit for several years. Now that my youngest is nearly grown I found this old checkbook cover in my files, with about 100 $2 bills inside. :thumbsup:

16. racerford

racerford

I vote for a friendly ghost!

Interesting story. Not a cool story because there was so much destruction. I am glad your Bible made it through in good shape, and your gun made it through, mostly. Of course the most important thing is if the family made it through.

17. racerford

racerford

How many kids did you plan for!!!! :wow: :faint: That's 5 kids worth of teeth, and that doesn't include the $2 bills the tooth fairy did give out!

:supergrin:

18. railfancwb

railfancwb

Last place you looked, huh?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

19. railfancwb

railfancwb

I routinely lose stuff and hide stuff (often the same thing), give up finding it and buy a replacement, then find it. Not so bad when it us a $5.00 Harbor Freight hammer, not so good when it is some other things. Just found my checkbook which apparently went missing in early December. Not THAT big a deal since I pay most bills online, but still...

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

20. Willfulone

Willfulone CCA Corvette

Once, when I was in college, I drained my waterbed and
    put my credit cards under it, then filled it back up, just
    so I would stop using them :tongueout:

Will