close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever "Hide" Something From Yourself??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Feb 20, 2013.

1. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Years ago, I was closing up the house before I went away for several months to work another project. Didn't want any punks to find my chainsaw as they could really wreck the place if they found it if somebody broke in. So I stuffed it somewhere. (Stihl FarmBoss, so no a small unit)

When I came home, I went looking for it.....couldn't remember where I put it. Not like anybody broke in, took just the saw, and tidied up afterwards......hmmmm

Took me about 10 years to stumble across it while I was re-doing some insulation in the basement to find it. I'd already bought a replacement. Had to clean the carburator, and a litle rust on the bar, but it fired up after that..:supergrin:

Drove me crazy, and I'd looked everywhere....or ALMOST everywhere that it could fit.

Ever hide something so good you can't find it later on??

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Yeah, but my parents always found it.

3. droidfire

droidfire

my life is a constant scavenger hunt for my stuff. I don't own much, but hell if I can find any of it on cue, save some important things.

Doesn't help that 'home' for me is relative and spread over several physical locations.

I've gotten real good at coming up with what I need based on what's available though.

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

You don't click on "external links" but you venture between many physical locations??? :dunno:

Interesting. :supergrin::wavey:

5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I'm STILL looking for a pair of glow-in-the-dark Roman Gladius-styled Star Wars knock-offs from when I was 10. My mom swears she didn't throw them away :)upeyes:) so I guess they are still somewhere in the basement.

6. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

7. RichJ

RichJ

I have 3 and 5 year old boys at home so I am always "putting things up" so they can't find it or get to it. I can never remember where I put the stuff when I need it though. Drives me crazy.

8. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

Yes I have. Three years ago I flew home to my Mother's for a week and hid some of my diamond jewelry in case someone broke into my house while I was gone. Guess what I still haven't found????

9. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I hid a Sig 239, still new in the box, in my house, when I was in too much of a hurry to put it in the safe, and didn't find it for a year. I was beginning to think it had been stolen. After my house flooded in Katrina, I found it sitting on the kitchen counter. Still don't know where it came from. :supergrin:

10. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

Heck yes, all the time I go on a vacation. I now write little notes to remind me where I put the stuff and my better half laughs at me.

11. racerford

racerford

What condition was it in when you found it again? Was anyone else in the house?

12. blk69stang

blk69stang

I don't hide anything from myself, I don't have to.

My problem is I always put stuff "someplace safe, where I can't possibly lose it" and end up losing it every time.

13. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I find all kind of stuff. It's like Christmas.

ETA: One day I came back from a gunshow and had about $700 in cash that I hadn't spent. I was going out and didn't want to carry it with me so I put it under a wicker basket on my dresser, then promptly forgot about it. Weeks later my son was going to mow the lawn while I was at work so I left him $20 under a wicker box on the dresser. I spoke with him and said his money was under the wicker thing on the dresser. He said "This is a lot, Dad. Are you sure?"

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  14. Omologato

Omologato

I hid my wedding ring when going through a rocky part of my relationship so I wouldn't think about pawning it. It was at my folks house that I lived in during high school. I still can't find it and it peeves me. o/' I'm a dumb a**and I know it o/'

Rogue Nation

15. TX OMFS

TX OMFS Right wing nut Lifetime Member

Are we married? I keep asking you why you won't use the gun safe and you keep doing this. :wavey:

16. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Usually when i lose things, its because my cat bats it under the couch. I lost my bluetooth headset and couldn't find it anywhere. Looked everywhere except under the couch. Found it much later when I moved the couch to clean carpets. I'd already bought a replacement months earlier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

17. GLOCK19FTW

GLOCK19FTW

Yep.. a few years ago, I had locked $600 in my safe and somehow forgot about it.

About a year later, I was looking thru the safe for the receipt to my PS3 (I was planning on selling it because we fell on some tough times and needed cash for bills, and I wanted to include the receipt for whoever bought it so they could have the warranty)

I found the bank envelope and thought it was empty. So I opened it up, and BAM!

$600 cash... and at a time when we couldn't have needed it more.

It was great.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  18. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Yes. My brother and I hid the some of the paddles my mom smacked us with in the insulation in the attic. Dad found them 20 years later when he was replacing the insulation...

19. N4LP

N4LP

Same. After "losing" a couple items to, what I have to guess is, a black hole in my house, I started noting on my cell phone where I hid things. Black hole problem seemed to clear up.

On the positive side...apparently I'm really good at hiding things I don't want stolen.

20. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

My brother and I did the same exact thing except my parents had a waterbed at the time. We drained the bed enough to lift a big portion of it up, slipped the paddle under and filled it back up with water. It was missing for quite a while. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR