Glock Talk banner

Ever heard or seen anything in the woods that you just couldn’t explain?

6688 Views 71 Replies 48 Participants Last post by  Cold Dead Hands !
May sound like a goofy topic, but I like reading about things in the woods that may have spooked you or maybe you just couldn’t explain logically.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Huge Member
12,379 Posts
i've been in the woods in winter, snow and ice everywhere. standing very quietly and listening for movement,hunting squirrels and rabbits, i can hear talking, louder than a whisper, no one around... likely, wind blowing through the branches and oak leaves, but it still sounds quite eery....
A flock of geese often sounds like people talking.

Whitetail deer make some weird noises as well. They screech, huff, stomp their feet, bark, bleet etc.

Reactions: BRabbit and DrMarc

· Registered
545 Posts
Back when a friend of mine and I were teenagers, we were wandering in the woods looking for stuff to shoot. We ran across and intact horse skull all by itself - no other bones around. How did it get there? I brought it home and kept it on the carport for some time. I don't remember what happened to it.

· Registered
13,185 Posts
Yep...DNR said...well... technically it is a Deer and he had a tag for a Deer...so no foul
In Colorado they have elk and deer season that overlap. If you shoot an elk on your deer tag, you just earned a LOT of bad news...

I wouldn't hunt with someone that didn't know the difference, or had enough common sense to figure it out.

· Registered
1,371 Posts
For anyone interested in Bigfoot there is a film that has some very compelling video.
Discovering Bigfoot.
The man that made it is a guy called Todd Standing.
A little preview:
This is a picture I took off of the t.v.
This one is tracking him.
The video is quite eerie.

And big. They're much larger than I thought.
That one is probably over 9 foot tall and five foot wide at the shoulders.
As you guys can probably tell I do believe.
These clips sealed the deal. My wife watched it with me. She used to think I was crazy. She was even shocked at what she was looking at.

Organism Television Flat panel display Television set Font

· Banned
796 Posts
Not since a tiger ran thru the ambush, no...

michael
Font Magenta Rectangle Electric blue

· M62/76
14,816 Posts
Reactions: DrMarc

· Registered
782 Posts
A few days ago, I had to shoot our 16 yo cat. It suffered from a stroke and wasn´t able to walk anymore.

That´s a nasty job, even when you now that this is the only thing, you can do for it. Used a .22 lr standard velocity out of a 6" revolver and although I hit the right place at it´s head, there where much more spasm than I expected.
Even if it was less than 20 seconds, I felt quilty that I was not able for a "clean" shot.

Yesterday I walked to the woods with my dog at a beautiful indian summer evening, I looked to the sky and saw a cloud, forming a cat´s face.
I looked twice and the cloud was real, not just an imagination.

Maybe a sign, that she passed the rainbow bridge and made it home.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts