close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ever had Dell order cancellation problems???

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by WINGS, Apr 12, 2007.

1. WINGS

WINGS CLM

My wife ordered a new Dell computer and applied for the Dell financing...no interest for 18 months.
    That order was cancelled by Dell about a week later. No reason given.
    Dell called and she reinstated the order and they offered us free overnight shipping because of the cancellation.

The day before yesterday she got her Dell prefered credit card in the mailwith a 5k limit.

My wife went online yesterday to check on the order status and everything was right on schedule for delivery on the 18th of this month. She checked today and the ordered had been cancelled again by Dell.
    I called Customer Service to find out what the problem is with the cancellations and they said that they could not verify our telephone number. WTF
    What do you think is up??? I know the prices went up a bit since the order was placed...along with a change in the interest free financing terms. Are they cancelling for BS reasons to save the interest, overnight shipping and the price change???

She called back and officially cancelled the order from her end.
    ??????????????? Any insight......

2. Altaris

Altaris

I know it would never be to save on shipping or interest(I give out free shipping every day hehe).

The most likely senario would be that the order got placed, got put on hold for some financial verification reason, and either the sales rep, or financing group dropped the ball(or were lazy) and didn't do anything about the hold. Any order that stays on hold for more than ~4 days auto cancels out of our systems. It's the sales reps job to make sure that doesn't happen, as they don't get credit unless the order actually ships out.

3. kimigirl

kimigirl

I have 2 Dell computers so I can say this...Dell is a screwed up company. It took me 3 attempts to get a hard drive bay from them because the Indian people on the line didn't know what it was. The last time I'd had it with them, got the part number and gave it to them. Problem solved.
    I've never had a problem with them cancelling orders, thats a new one. I did order a UPS from them several years ago but after being on backorder for over a month they cancelled it. Hope you work it out and get your new 'puter.

4. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

a few years ago:
    my dad ordered my laptop on his credit card. They cancelled and "couldn't determine the reason it was cancelled." They finally sent one with dead pixels, I sent it back, and they sent one with the wrong operating system (windows ME instead of windows 2k) and no internal NIC (they later sent a PCMCIA card). I just gave up and used what they last sent me b/c it was already time to go off to college.

5. WINGS

WINGS CLM

I spent some time on the phone to Dell after we reordered this PC for the 3rd time. We still wanted to take advantage of the 'no interest for a year' option and had been approved for Dell credit.
    For some reason only known to Dell they would not release this PC order so it could be built. Their 'verification' department told me that they could not verify either my cell phone or home phone number so the order would remain blocked. There was no way in hell that Dell was going to process this order and let me use the 5K credit line that they gave me.
    I wonder if they just advertise those 'no interest' terms but never let a customer take advantage of them. Maybe the cost of the PC that we are buying was over their unspoken price limit.
    I'm curious if they would let me use their credit if I bought a much less expensive PC?
    In any case we finally put the PC on one of our credit cards and will at least get some frequent flyer miles out of it.
    What a quest...........

BTW this took so long to happen we actually made out a little better on the hard drive capacity prices. They went down about 15% so we went with one 750 and one 250. I think that a TB is enough. The 750/250 combo was cheaper than a 500/500 combo if you can figure that out??? I can always add another drive to the system if we need it. The 710 XPS will take 4 hard drives if I remember correctly.

6. kimigirl

kimigirl

I actually got the XPS 410 with their no interest deal. Its weird that you had the problems you did...normally the probs are always with tech support...I don't think I've ever heard of someone not being able to buy one!

7. JMag

JMag

Nope...I never order from them!

:supergrin:

Well, I don't; it's a rule. But, good luck to you!

:thumbsup:

8. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

I have a old Dell Dimension 4100 here on my desk now, a freebie, and I am not impressed.

It is a Pentium 3 1Ghz and has a limit of 512Mb of RAM and I.M.O. that is bull fecal material! It isn't just this computer but most of the Dells I have worked on have such off the wall limitations. They use less powerful, older, chip sets and no floppy drive (and no mounting cage for it) and other cost cutting "features" to make the price look good but the performance runs like crap. If you use memory from any other source you void you warranty etc!

It is like buying a car and getting it delivered on a flat bed truck with no brakes, wheels and tires and having to use GM or FORD gasoline and motor oil!

I will custom build the next PC like I did the last five.

:shocked: :sad: :rant: :burn: :steamed: :moonie:

9. FDC

FDC

I've ordered 2 laptops from Dell in the last 4 years. Both times with a credit card---not there financing. Never had a problem with the order or computers.