GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor
5,264 Posts
G26. Worse handgun for me I have ever experienced. Bought it for GSSF Sub. Fortunately all the magazines I purchased for it work well in my Ruger PCC.

Now use the G30 and G36. Both work very well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
CZ 75 B. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t shoot it with anything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a Smith and Wesson 5906 9mm that I really wanted to like. It was an early model with the square trigger guard and the adjustable rear sight with the metal "ears" protecting it. It looked nice with a satin stainless finish, but for some reason, I couldn't seem to hit anything with it.

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,154 Posts
CZ for me too. Shot it ok. Felt wonderful in my hand. LOVED the gun. Except the decocker position would not let me shoot it comfortably or get a good grip. And don’t like their manual safeties.
My CZ PCR factory grip felt really good, but they were thick which made reaching the trigger a problem. Replaced the grips.

Dodged a bullet. . . Was certain that I wanted a CZ RAMI, till I compared it and the PCR side by side. The RAMI felt like a brick in my hand compared to the PCR.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Walther P22. Really liked it's ergo's and balance, and pretty accurate as well. Just was finicky as hell as to what ammo I fed it. The slide cracked in half, at the forward edge of the ejection port. Round count was around 400-450 when that happened, just a guess. Had my FFL return it to the factory for a new slide. Then sold it the day it returned. Too bad really, was a neat little gun. But would piss me off in a big way.

·
Registered
196 Posts
1st generation Taurus 709 Slim. Even a gunsmith at a big box gun store couldn't do anything with it. Traded it.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,343 Posts
S&W mdl 39-2.

I liked the pistol, and the way it fit my hand.

Jam-O-Matic!

Sent it back to S&W twice. "No problems found" - was what the note said, when shipped back to me.

Changed magazines. Different magazines. Changed ammo. Other people shot it.
Could NOT get it to function reliably through a whole magazine.

Sold it to a friend of my Dad. He said he wanted it, and could get it to run. Ha!!!!! I think he used it as a paper weight, until his death.

IF anyone on GT has a 39-2 that's reliable, I applaud you.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Smith and Wesson 659, always shot low. A damn shame because it was a beautiful gun. I had it for years and it had a real low round count when I sold it.

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
SCCY CPX-2

The trigger sucked so badly that I felt I had to try to fix it as it was dangerously inaccurate for me. Despite my efforts the trigger was complete dog sh!t. I'm no weakling, but a 9+ pound trigger pull and a seemingly random break point makes for a pistol designed to hit innocent bystanders

However, I will say that this is a great gun if you live on the south side of Chicago; where it doesn't really matter where you shoot because anyone you hit is more than likely trying to kill you anyway.
Just me, carry it with a round in the chamber and as it has no safety, like that deliberate trigger. Won't carry my G26 any other way than Israeli carry, empty chamber, trigger is just too light to be comfortable with it. But understand, if I can hit a paper plate at 15 yards consistently, consider that my metric for a carry gun. I'm not worried about tight groups, am worried about can I hit COM consistently.

I like the Sccy for the same reason I like my Bodyguard, you have to really mean it to shoot it.

The one that just doesn't work for me? Any 1911A, and I have shot, or tried to shoot, some good ones. Something about the way I hold it, the same way I hold a trumpet, that just fails to engage the grip safety correctly. I guess you really have to press the web of the left hand (left handed) into it, at the correct angle, to make it work.

I've had some instructors really look hard at my grip, and want me to go higher, and tilt it to one side, or something, just feels totally alien to me. Ingrained muscle memory and all that.

Nothing wrong with a 1911A, or .45 ACP, have 4 handguns in that caliber.

·
Venor ergo sum
3,293 Posts
Sig 1911/22. Too many jams. Bought used them flipped it. Not my thing.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts