GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Yep...these are some (and there are others too) that I won't be giving another try with.

Ruger P85. Tank of a reliable gun, ergonomics sucked for me. Bye bye.

Ruger 10/22s. Meh. Have owned a couple. Never really thrilled me. Bye bye.

Glock 36. I'll stick with a Colt Officers ACP instead. Shot okay, but just something about my grip on it didn't work well. Bye bye.

G21. Should have fighter jets arrayed on the top of the aircraft carrier wide slide. Other options in 45 acp work MUCH better for me (1911s). Bye bye.

Any Taurus auto I've ever tried. Either FTF, FTE, immensely long trigger pulls, and I don't feel they're a quality product. Bye bye.

Just a few.

:)

·
Federal Member
29,215 Posts
.22 magnum AMT Automag.

Worst, Jamming, POS, I was ever so glad to get rid of.

:cool:

Reactions: tracicali

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bersa 22LR
Resembles a PPK and a fixed barrel blowback gun should be fairly accurate I thought. I couldn't get the darn thing to group.
Sold it back to the guy I bought it from, it shoots well for him.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,435 Posts
Glock 36 bought is February 2005. Glock had a recall on the serial number range in August 2005 due to "Modification to ensure the trigger safety operates as intended." It made the trip to Smyrna for the "modification." It would never work right. Probably the most frustrating pistol I have ever worked with.

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,620 Posts
Ruger P90. Fit my huge hands perfectly. Tried several brands of ammo, all stove piped or didn't even try to eject. Went back to Ruger came back with a note of some internals replaced. Now a month older but still couldn't get through a magazine without at least 3 chokes. I traded it to a local gun smith, warned him that it was apparently allergic to gun fire.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
G43. The piss poor ergonomics of the Glock frames carry over into the single stacks and Glock knuckle knows no boundaries.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had a .45 New Model Blackhawk, inaccurate, leaded like crazy with any cast bullet. Also had a S&W model 24 that wouldn't shoot groups with any ammo. Both guns had oversize cylinder bores. I have a Glock, it eats my trigger finger, had a .40 Taurus P100, just didn't like it. Probably others...................

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
999 Posts
Beretta Nano. Nice gun, just seemed weird with a really high bore axis.
All of the Beretta single stacks are really oddly designed, very poor ergonomics.

Surprisingly, Browning High Powers don't fit me well. I'm terrible with them.

·
Semper Paratus
27,775 Posts
Yes, first gen glock 17 after switching everything I finally received a new gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
For me it was the G26. I couldn't get comfortable with my pinky placement. Order the pearce extension and it would pinch my pinky between the frame. My wife had the same issues. Sold it and bought another 19.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Another thought.

If you are getting 2” from 10 yards from a BENCH REST then maybe it’s the ammo and not the gun?

Wonder what the difference would be with factory loads?
I'd tend to believe that a significant burr on the muzzle crown of a firearm's barrel would be a more plausible explanation for such poor accuracy than ammo selection, unless of course a smaller diameter projectile than what was called for was mistakenly used during handloading?

·
Registered
14,105 Posts
Yes. A bunch. I have bought, sold, and traded dozens of guns over the years.

Sometimes I buy a gun out of boredom just to play with it for a few weeks and then trade it off for something else.

·
Philippians 4: 6-7
9,338 Posts
I bought a Bersa Thunder 380 several years ago and it didn't matter how my wife griped the gun she incurred slide bite. I shot it fine but because of that, I sold it.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts