Ever had a gun that just wouldn’t work for you?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jame, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Wojo88

Wojo88

Ruger LC9

Liked the gun, like Ruger products overall but this one had no desire to shoot straight. The gun actually rattled when walking. Sold it to my brother because he doesn't shoot that often and when he does he sucks at it. I figured he wouldn't know the difference anyway. To prove my point he called one day and said the laser max broke so I asked if he left it on by chance and run the battery down. Still waiting on a answer.................

colrhino and tracicali like this.
  2. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

Sho nuff. Me too

Intolerant likes this.

3. George Kaplan

George Kaplan emeritus

Just recently. My J-Frames. I just can't see the "sights" anymore.

colrhino, Intolerant and clancy like this.
  4. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

I had a Kimber Desert Warrior that was a beautiful paper weight. As for Glock's, I cannot shoot them accurately, despite trying. I just can't get used to the trigger and find the grip akin to holding a 2x4. I know it's me, because I have fired friend's Glocks, and while they shoot nice, tight groups, I am lucky to hit the target at all.

colrhino and jame like this.
  5. clancy

clancy Oh, for a muse of fire

I know how you feel. But I figure if I am using my j-frame, my target is going to be pretty close.

colrhino and George Kaplan like this.
  6. CBennett

CBennett

Glocks... I came into LE(and military LE) in the revolver or 45 ACP era...after the academy the NYSP(New York State Police) had JUST begun switching over to Glocks..I LOVED them...wanted 1 badly...but the little local PD I was working for was Revolver and .357 or .38 special ONLY..you could carry any on that caliber you could qualify with..but no 9mm.. well finally near the end of my time there I got to at least shoot a Glock..it was ok but strange compared to other guns I shot..went into Federal LE and never had owned or shot a glock again till right around 2004ish..then i ended up finally buying my dream gun.. a LE tradein Glock 23 2nd Gen..

As they say after finally owning one and that .40 S&W killing my thumb knuckle becasue the gun always say cockeyed in my hand....it was over for me....naturally for some reason..im thinkin the overly thick strange angled grips makes it sit well slightly cockeyed setting the backstrap/beavertail right over my thumb joint instead of in the web..oh sure I could keep readjusting the gun to the web..but after some shooting yup right back to cockeyed... So I finally told myself this isnt a training issue this is a ergonomics issue..the Glocks all the double stacks just do not sit right in my hand...maybe the Glock 26 does but thats it..so I gave up

Till recently that is all the SINGLE stack glocks fit my hands fine...and I love them..but when I try to go to a glock 19 lets say..same old thing...dont fit my hands right. So i would say for the its the Double Stack Glocks...wanted to love them they dont fit my hand .

7. Deltic

Deltic

I have never been a fan of the M2 .50 cal. It functions in a different way than all of our other machine guns making training a bit of a pain. It has some safety issues and it's awkward and heavy. The new .338 machine guns are under 1/3 of the weight and can do most of the same jobs.

colrhino likes this.
  8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Early G36 and a Kahr P9.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

9. BobCZ

BobCZ

Glock 19 gen2, gen 3, gen 4. I tried to like, can’t warm up to it. 17 I like quite a bit as I own 2.

10. ede

ede

S&W Sigma 9mm hurt to shoot
    Glock 17 wouldn't shoot a group under a foot at 25 feet
    Glock 36 just didnt like it
    Glock 43x slower with it than G30
    Browning Buckmarks like Mk III better
    Magnum Research 10/22 clone FTF at least once magazine
    CZ 455 target varmit wasn't as accurate as I thought it should of been
    DPMS AR wasn't reliable
    Ruger Precession RimFire was grossly inaccurate

Might be more but that s most of them. I've had a lot more that worked as the should.

11. nutsnax

nutsnax

Right, and that would be totally fine if the break point was even remotely consistent or coherent but it is none of those things.

Also it sounds like a toy gun when you dry fire it.

pgg00 likes this.
  12. MGGLOCK9

MGGLOCK9

Had a 6" barrel K-22. Would not shoot true. Had sights adjusted. No.

No one could make it shoot where aimed. Gunsmith said it had to be re-barreled. Sold it to someone who liked the beautiful blue finish.

13. -JCN-

-JCN-

Another thought.

If you are getting 2” from 10 yards from a BENCH REST then maybe it’s the ammo and not the gun?

Wonder what the difference would be with factory loads?

pgg00 likes this.
  14. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

Sig 226. Just too large and unwieldy for a 9mm to fit me well, although it is a great firearm, and i like Sigs. Regretfully traded it, then bought a Beretta 92fs, still pretty darn big but works better for me.

Gfive45 likes this.
  15. Kentucky fan

Kentucky fan

Sig 365 xl. I liked it in the gun store but I never could get accurate with it. I have Xbox huge hands so a glock 19 looks like a subcompact when I hold it. I just switched back to my glock 17 for ccw and now I'm carrying a beretta 92x full size. Fantastic handgun by the way.

colrhino and Gfive45 like this.
  16. tracicali

tracicali

This, but substitute the P94. My wife was thoughtful enough to buy it for me for my birthday one year so I can’t bring myself to sell it off. It sounds like a can full of rocks when I handle it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

About 30 years ago Had a Rossi 38/357 the last inch of the barrel was a compensator. It actually looked nice, but it actually missed a man target at 30 feet. I ended up shifting the sight so far to the left just to get it on target that the rear sight would snag on my shirt when drawing it. I sent it back, I got it back in a week with a note that said there is nothing wrong with it. Had a friend cut it up and threw it away!

18. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Factory loaded range ammo like Winchester White Box would group around 2”.

My load of a Lee 175 gr. SWC tumble lube bullet over 10.5 gr. Of Blue Dot would consistently do about 1.5.

Maybe I’m being too picky, but at 30 lousy feet, I would expect to have holes touching.

-JCN- likes this.
  19. YakSpitRamp

YakSpitRamp

20. CBTENGR

CBTENGR

I don't miss having to set head space and timing each and every time the barrel was changed. And I really don't miss the weight of lugging Ma Deuce from the arms room to our vehicle.

The updated M2's do not require the head space and timing to be set every time the barrel is changed.

AS far as hand guns, the one I just could not warm up to was a Taurus 24/7 Pro C. It was an accurate pistol. I just could not get use to the mile long trigger pull and it took some time to get use to the Heinie Straight 8 sights.