Ever had a gun that just wouldn’t work for you?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by jame, Sep 19, 2020.

1. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

I have.

I purchased a Springfield XDm 4.5 10mm last spring, and I’ve been full on with this nice pistol from the day it came home with me.

I’ve dry fired until my fingers are sore. I reloaded enough magazines that I developed a strain on the tendon of my left thumb that I’m still wearing a brace for. I’ve cast and reloaded about 750 rounds at this point.

This is a quality pistol, and I have utmost faith in it.

But as hard as I try, I just can’t shoot it worth a damn. The provided factory test fire target shows that it’ll shoot. I have coworkers that shoot XDm’s just fine. I just can’t shoot this one very accurately. By that, I mean, at ten yards, from a bench, a 2” group is about the best I can do. The two of us just don’t get along.

Have you ever had a gun like that?

2. nursetim

nursetim

Taurus 85, only fire upside down.

happyguy likes this.

3. spectralhunter

spectralhunter

CZ75 PCR. I’m not very accurate with it even in single action.

I shoot DA/SA just fine with other guns. My Beretta 92G is very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John_AZ likes this.
  4. John_AZ

John_AZ

CZ for me too. Shot it ok. Felt wonderful in my hand. LOVED the gun. Except the decocker position would not let me shoot it comfortably or get a good grip. And don’t like their manual safeties.

spectralhunter likes this.
  5. Colt38SuperDude

Colt38SuperDude

Non-G43 Glocks don’t work for me. Hate the grips.

Bradley T and Cambo like this.
  6. pgg00

pgg00

Send it to me. I'll see if it shoots any better groups and let you know :D

colrhino, Chris8111, 45caldan and 2 others like this.
  7. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Careful.

I might just take you up on that. I’ll throw in the brass to boot.

And yes, I’m betting you could make her sing.

For me, it’s a little opposite of the popular opinion so far. I can really rip with a CZ.

Cambo and pgg00 like this.
  8. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

Oddly, my Glock 19 shot low. No, not low and left, just low. By the time I bought the 19, I already owned 5 or 6 other Glocks, in several calibers and I shot all of them just fine. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I caught myself flinching with it on the second range trip. I chastised myself severely for flinching with a 9mm. It was all me and it shoots fine now.

pgg00 and Intolerant like this.
  9. Intolerant

Intolerant

If the gun dont fit you well, its not ever going to make you like it. I`ve let tons of them go over the years because they just didnt work, for me. I`m sure before i die, i`m going to run into a few more along the way that i just wont be happy with. We`re gun nuts, it is what it is.

10. FoodBag

FoodBag Previously nutsnax

SCCY CPX-2

The trigger sucked so badly that I felt I had to try to fix it as it was dangerously inaccurate for me. Despite my efforts the trigger was complete dog sh!t. I'm no weakling, but a 9+ pound trigger pull and a seemingly random break point makes for a pistol designed to hit innocent bystanders

However, I will say that this is a great gun if you live on the south side of Chicago; where it doesn't really matter where you shoot because anyone you hit is more than likely trying to kill you anyway.

Johnix, Sherlock913, BarryR and 3 others like this.
  11. Intolerant

Intolerant

My first G19.4 i got was from my brother. He couldn`t make it hit the target, so i took it off his hands, days later i took out to my range, couldn`t hit the broad side of a barn standing inside of it, i went WTF? I couldn`t make it shoot either. I noticed he had the add-on dove tail grip insert on it, i removed it, left the gun naked, went out to the range the next morning with it, and it was a tack driver after that. Guns either shoot or they dont. Sometimes its the person shooting the gun more than the gun being the problem, in most cases.

BarryR, Valmet, Bus007 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Cirdan

Cirdan

Beretta Nano. Nice gun, just seemed weird with a really high bore axis.

13. Scott1970

Scott1970

Oh, yeah! In fact, there's a long thread about it on the General Glocking subforum. :animlol:

Intolerant likes this.
  14. Borg Warner

Borg Warner Free Full Clip!

S&W model 39. It was very well made and a nice size and weight and it was accurate after the first shot unless you cocked the hammer first. The DA trigger wasn't bad but I didn't like transitioning from DA to SA. I can shoot a DA revolver just fine but single action is better.

If the gun could have been carried cocked and locked it would have been a keeper but I just don't like any DA/SA guns and prefer striker fired or SAO, cocked and locked.

byf43, Intolerant and jdw174 like this.
  15. Swipter

Swipter

I had a Ruger 45 auto I couldn't hit a house with. Shooter's World staff could hit the bullseye. Sold it.

Intolerant likes this.
  16. pgg00

pgg00

I agree. The SCCY trigger is like lifting weights for your finger

Intolerant likes this.
  17. Bob S.

Bob S.

Sure have had em,, i`ve owned 3 different glock 19`s 2 gen 4`s with added flat faced triggers & lastly, 19x shot it much better but just don`t have that wanna shoot it feeling. i have a 21 n .45 that i shoot wherever i aim out to 20 yrds, very same with my 20 n 10mm & pretty much my 30 n 45. the 17`s & 19`s just don`t cut it for me.. picked up a cz 10F & never gave it another thought. I do also have a vp9sk that is deadly accurate,. but i can sure relate!!!

18. Cambo

Cambo

Any double stack Glock
    Sig Sauer P225
    Smith & Wesson 4506

19. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

+20 years ago. Glock 36 (.45 ACP). That gun would not function reliably. Ever. Back to the mother ship three times, they finally sent me a Glock 23 that functions 100% in exchange.

No idea what the problem was. Tried every imaginable brand of .45 ammo out there (wasn't on my dime...).

20. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Ruger 10/22s. I know many will think, “Blasphemy!!” but never liked them. I’ve owned two- one was a semi-custom with a bull bbl that would throw fliers and wasn’t consistently accurate and the other was a standard model that never fed reliably.

Outside of the Ruger Mark IV, I’m not really a fan of semi-auto .22 anything (also had a brand new Marlin Model 60 back in 2003-04 that never fed reliably either).